Re: How much control over viewing parameters does the end-user want?

  • prague
    Message 1 of 62 , Nov 30, 2010
      Bryant, you know that I'm on your side - I want control too - but things aren't (and should not be) made for us. just admit it :)

      "don't make me click"
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuELwq2ThJE
      watch it!

      think of all the things in the world that have great design.

      for example
      http://www.tipb.com/2010/10/06/sony-google-tv-apple-tv-remotes/
      :-)))

      anyway, this is turning into another religious war. having fine-grained control over something is separate from designing simplicity. great design allows full control, but hides it from the novices.

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "bryant_arnett" <mail3@...> wrote:

      > Hi. I'm confused. Why isn't that little triangle always there? And when I set the parameters the way I want them, why doesn't it save the settings for the next panorama? Are these settings somehow part of the panorama itself? That's not right. These are the sort of settings I've been looking for. I should be able to adjust these things myself. Why isn't there any way to ALWAYS access these settings, and why are these settings not saved as default for all panoramas? I can get the navigation to move and behave the way I want it to, but then the next image loads and my settings are gone. It's very frustrating and lessens my enjoyment of viewing panoramas.
      >
      > Thanks.
      >
      > `````````Bryant
      >
      > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "prague" <360cities@> wrote:
      > >
      > > in that case, "zoomtocursor" is a very good idea.
      > >

      > > try it everybody.
      > >

      > > http://krpano.com/krpano.html?pano=panos/kirche/kirche.xml
      > >
      > > click the triangle in the top right corner.
      > >
      > > then click "zoomtocursor" so it's on.
      > >
      > > you might have to go to fullscreen to enable the scrollwheel zooming.
      > >
      > > thoughts?

    • prague
      Message 62 of 62 , Nov 30, 2010