Star Map

  • wontfail
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 24, 2010
      Hi all,

      could anyone suggest a way of generating an equirectangular star map for a particular time, place.

      Tudor
    • John Houghton
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 24, 2010
        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "wontfail" <yahoo@...> wrote:

        > could anyone suggest a way of generating an equirectangular star map for a particular time, place.

        I did it by using Home Planet to display views of the sky and taking screenshots with IrfanView for stitching in PTGui. See http://www.johnhpanos.com/starcal.htm . Starry Night may be an alternative: http://store.starrynight.com/software/digital-download.html .

        John
      • b_dohrmann
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 24, 2010
          Hi Tudor,

          in 2008 I created some panos with a the starmap tool from http://www.stellarium.org/

          Here two examples:
          http://www.360bilder.de/html/vr_sternenhimmel.htm
          http://www.360bilder.de/html/vr_sternenhimmel2.htm

          all the best
          Bernd

          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 25, 2010
            Am 24.11.2010 15:37, schrieb wontfail:
            > could anyone suggest a way of generating an equirectangular star map
            > for a particular time, place.

            No star map, but a fascinating all night sky panorama:
            http://home.arcor.de/axel.mellinger/