Re: London pano hit the front page in norway!

  • Hans
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 23, 2010

      > Great news. People in Norway at least have a sense for a VRPs. I send some mails
      > about new 80Gpx to people I know in media here in my place but nobady reacted
      > and published at least a short notice about it. People around me are 'VR dumb'.
      > I anouncedi news in the largest photo phorum in Slovenia same day Jeff published
      > the London pano but only about 300 views so far:
      > http://www.e-fotografija.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27828 . It would be
      > fine to make a study about the popularity of VRPs in different geography areas,
      > what is the reason that somewhere are popular and somewhere else marginal.

      If you look at the number of pageviews/visitor there is very clear trend.

      The east europeans are the best visitors.

      I have a medium of 2.28 pageviews per visitor. This may sound low but the reason is that most visitors arrive on a fullscreen page like Mount Everest and many of them just after a keyword in Google, for the place, not after searching for panoramas.
      Many of these visitors are what I call in and out visitors, I am happy if I can get 2 of 10 to become more interested and start looking at more panos.

      Over 1 year the number one is Croatia with 3.97
      No 2 is Russia with 3.28
      next Moldova, Georgia, Latvia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Ukraine, Macedonia which is at 2,92.

      I am only counting countries with more than 1000 visits.

      At 20 comes Italy then again east europe with Bulgaria , Romania.
      Colombia, Ecuador, Israel and Spain at around 2.7 pageviews

      Germany and UK has around 2.5 pageviews.

      Slovenia comes as no 60 with 2,48
      USA is 30% of my visitors and is below the medium with 2.16 pageviews.

      Hans