London pano hit the front page in norway!

  • Bjørn K Nilssen
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 23, 2010
      The London 80Gpx pano from Jeffrey has really popped up everywhere recently.
      Even on the front page of one of Norways biggest newspapers today:

      http://www.dagbladet.no/2010/11/23/nyheter/utenriks/foto/14412213/
      Use Google to translate if needed..

      Not an everyday event :)

      --
      Bjørn K Nilssen - http://bknilssen.no - 3D and panoramas.
    • Bostjan Burger
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 23, 2010
        Great news. People in Norway at least have a sense for a VRPs. I send some mails
        about new 80Gpx to people I know in media here in my place but nobady reacted
        and published at least a short notice about it. People around me are 'VR dumb'.
        I anouncedi news in the largest photo phorum in Slovenia same day Jeff published
        the London pano but only about 300 views so far:
        http://www.e-fotografija.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27828 . It would be
        fine to make a study about the popularity of VRPs in different geography areas,
        what is the reason that somewhere are popular and somewhere else marginal.

        Bostjan

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 23, 2010

          > Great news. People in Norway at least have a sense for a VRPs. I send some mails
          > about new 80Gpx to people I know in media here in my place but nobady reacted
          > and published at least a short notice about it. People around me are 'VR dumb'.
          > I anouncedi news in the largest photo phorum in Slovenia same day Jeff published
          > the London pano but only about 300 views so far:
          > http://www.e-fotografija.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27828 . It would be
          > fine to make a study about the popularity of VRPs in different geography areas,
          > what is the reason that somewhere are popular and somewhere else marginal.

          If you look at the number of pageviews/visitor there is very clear trend.

          The east europeans are the best visitors.

          I have a medium of 2.28 pageviews per visitor. This may sound low but the reason is that most visitors arrive on a fullscreen page like Mount Everest and many of them just after a keyword in Google, for the place, not after searching for panoramas.
          Many of these visitors are what I call in and out visitors, I am happy if I can get 2 of 10 to become more interested and start looking at more panos.

          Over 1 year the number one is Croatia with 3.97
          No 2 is Russia with 3.28
          next Moldova, Georgia, Latvia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Ukraine, Macedonia which is at 2,92.

          I am only counting countries with more than 1000 visits.

          At 20 comes Italy then again east europe with Bulgaria , Romania.
          Colombia, Ecuador, Israel and Spain at around 2.7 pageviews

          Germany and UK has around 2.5 pageviews.

          Slovenia comes as no 60 with 2,48
          USA is 30% of my visitors and is below the medium with 2.16 pageviews.

          Hans