How in the world

  • garrett u
    Message 1 of 17 , Nov 21, 2010
      How did they get the lighting so good in and out the windows?

      http://tinyurl.com/amazing-light

      Here is one of the better (imho) panos I've done lately.

      http://mangrovecreations.com/virtualtours/16456crowncolony/

      A still shot: http://tinyurl.com/285cvbo

      Doesn't really compare. Not sure what I'm doing wrong!

      Any sort of advice would help. Here is a link to a zip file of the 8 shot 7 2ev tour: http://mangrovecreations.com/virtualtours/test/panolivingroomhelp.zip

      Would it have helped to take the pictures in RAW? Do I just not have as good a camera?

      The amazing light pics are so high contrast and good looking. Professional.

      Any help is welcome!

      samyang 8mm lens on a canon t2i (550d) used enfuse on default and photomatix on Painterly, then manually masked the windows so that HDR windows were on the enfuse photo.

      btw give it ten minutes from when this was posted before you download the zip. It's going to the ftp right now.

      Thanks!
    • jrgen_schrader
      Message 2 of 17 , Nov 21, 2010
        these are "pasted" extra exposures. just with tonemapping from an hdr one wouldn't get such results especially not if one tries to do it with just three brackets or even less.
        anyway. to me they appear rather artificial but i admit that for realtors that is the way to go.

        cheers
        jürgen

        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "garrett u" <cruc10@...> wrote:

        > How did they get the lighting so good in and out the windows?
        >
        > http://tinyurl.com/amazing-light
        >

        > Here is one of the better (imho) panos I've done lately.
        >
        > http://mangrovecreations.com/virtualtours/16456crowncolony/
        >
        > A still shot: http://tinyurl.com/285cvbo
        >
        > Doesn't really compare. Not sure what I'm doing wrong!
        >
        > Any sort of advice would help. Here is a link to a zip file of the 8 shot 7 2ev tour: http://mangrovecreations.com/virtualtours/test/panolivingroomhelp.zip
        >
        > Would it have helped to take the pictures in RAW? Do I just not have as good a camera?
        >
        > The amazing light pics are so high contrast and good looking. Professional.
        >
        > Any help is welcome!
        >
        > samyang 8mm lens on a canon t2i (550d) used enfuse on default and photomatix on Painterly, then manually masked the windows so that HDR windows were on the enfuse photo.
        >
        > btw give it ten minutes from when this was posted before you download the zip. It's going to the ftp right now.
        >
        > Thanks!

      • Matthew Rogers
        Message 3 of 17 , Nov 22, 2010
          It's called Photoshop. You're just never going to get results like this from tonemapped images. If that's what you're expecting then you'll just be disappointed.

          Matt

          On 22 Nov 2010, at 05:01, garrett u wrote:

          > How did they get the lighting so good in and out the windows?
          >
          > http://tinyurl.com/amazing-light
          >
          > Here is one of the better (imho) panos I've done lately.
          >
          > http://mangrovecreations.com/virtualtours/16456crowncolony/
          >
          > A still shot: http://tinyurl.com/285cvbo
          >
          > Doesn't really compare. Not sure what I'm doing wrong!
          >
          > Any sort of advice would help. Here is a link to a zip file of the 8 shot 7 2ev tour: http://mangrovecreations.com/virtualtours/test/panolivingroomhelp.zip
          >
          > Would it have helped to take the pictures in RAW? Do I just not have as good a camera?
          >
          > The amazing light pics are so high contrast and good looking. Professional.
          >
          > Any help is welcome!
          >
          > samyang 8mm lens on a canon t2i (550d) used enfuse on default and photomatix on Painterly, then manually masked the windows so that HDR windows were on the enfuse photo.
          >
          > btw give it ten minutes from when this was posted before you download the zip. It's going to the ftp right now.
          >
          > Thanks!

        • Willy Kaemena
          Message 4 of 17 , Nov 22, 2010
            It like here in my example

            a german historic train running along chicago river
            http://www.360cities.net/image/rheingold-aussichtswagen-tee-zug-1962-chicago#79.06,-13.12,80.0

            or through the alps
            http://www.360cities.net/image/rheingold-aussichtswagen-tee-zug-1962-arizona#301.96,3.26,80.0

            and what the reality was:
            standing in a dark shed
            http://www.360cities.net/image/rheingold-aussichtswagen-tee-zug-1962#298.69,4.83,80.0

            Photoshop should be your friend ;-)

            Willy

            On Nov 22, 2010, at 9:15, Matthew Rogers wrote:

            > It's called Photoshop. You're just never going to get results like this from tonemapped images. If that's what you're expecting then you'll just be disappointed.
            >
            > Matt
            >

            > On 22 Nov 2010, at 05:01, garrett u wrote:
            >
            >> How did they get the lighting so good in and out the windows?
            >>
            >> http://tinyurl.com/amazing-light
            >>
            >> Here is one of the better (imho) panos I've done lately.
            >>
            >> http://mangrovecreations.com/virtualtours/16456crowncolony/
            >>
            >> A still shot: http://tinyurl.com/285cvbo
            >>
            >> Doesn't really compare. Not sure what I'm doing wrong!
            >>
            >> Any sort of advice would help. Here is a link to a zip file of the 8 shot 7 2ev tour: http://mangrovecreations.com/virtualtours/test/panolivingroomhelp.zip
            >>
            >> Would it have helped to take the pictures in RAW? Do I just not have as good a camera?
            >>
            >> The amazing light pics are so high contrast and good looking. Professional.
            >>
            >> Any help is welcome!
            >>
            >> samyang 8mm lens on a canon t2i (550d) used enfuse on default and photomatix on Painterly, then manually masked the windows so that HDR windows were on the enfuse photo.
            >>
            >> btw give it ten minutes from when this was posted before you download the zip. It's going to the ftp right now.
            >>
            >> Thanks!

          • garrett u
            Message 5 of 17 , Nov 22, 2010
              I do photoshop heavily, but I always have trouble with the window panes looking dark. It seems like the white panes in those pictures don't look the same.

              I like the german train a lot.
              --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Willy Kaemena <panokaemena@...> wrote:

              > It like here in my example
              >
              > a german historic train running along chicago river
              > http://www.360cities.net/image/rheingold-aussichtswagen-tee-zug-1962-chicago#79.06,-13.12,80.0
              >
              > or through the alps
              > http://www.360cities.net/image/rheingold-aussichtswagen-tee-zug-1962-arizona#301.96,3.26,80.0
              >
              > and what the reality was:
              > standing in a dark shed
              > http://www.360cities.net/image/rheingold-aussichtswagen-tee-zug-1962#298.69,4.83,80.0
              >
              > Photoshop should be your friend ;-)
              >
              > Willy
              >

              > On Nov 22, 2010, at 9:15, Matthew Rogers wrote:
              >
              > > It's called Photoshop. You're just never going to get results like this from tonemapped images. If that's what you're expecting then you'll just be disappointed.
              > >
              > > Matt
              > >

              > > On 22 Nov 2010, at 05:01, garrett u wrote:
              > >
              > >> How did they get the lighting so good in and out the windows?
              > >>
              > >> http://tinyurl.com/amazing-light
              > >>
              > >> Here is one of the better (imho) panos I've done lately.
              > >>
              > >> http://mangrovecreations.com/virtualtours/16456crowncolony/
              > >>
              > >> A still shot: http://tinyurl.com/285cvbo
              > >>
              > >> Doesn't really compare. Not sure what I'm doing wrong!
              > >>
              > >> Any sort of advice would help. Here is a link to a zip file of the 8 shot 7 2ev tour: http://mangrovecreations.com/virtualtours/test/panolivingroomhelp.zip
              > >>
              > >> Would it have helped to take the pictures in RAW? Do I just not have as good a camera?
              > >>
              > >> The amazing light pics are so high contrast and good looking. Professional.
              > >>
              > >> Any help is welcome!
              > >>
              > >> samyang 8mm lens on a canon t2i (550d) used enfuse on default and photomatix on Painterly, then manually masked the windows so that HDR windows were on the enfuse photo.
              > >>
              > >> btw give it ten minutes from when this was posted before you download the zip. It's going to the ftp right now.
              > >>
              > >> Thanks!

            • garrett u
              Message 6 of 17 , Nov 22, 2010
                Wow.

                I guess I just need to spend more time masking.

                Amazing!
                --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Willy Kaemena <panokaemena@...> wrote:

                > It like here in my example
                >
                > a german historic train running along chicago river
                > http://www.360cities.net/image/rheingold-aussichtswagen-tee-zug-1962-chicago#79.06,-13.12,80.0
                >
                > or through the alps
                > http://www.360cities.net/image/rheingold-aussichtswagen-tee-zug-1962-arizona#301.96,3.26,80.0
                >
                > and what the reality was:
                > standing in a dark shed
                > http://www.360cities.net/image/rheingold-aussichtswagen-tee-zug-1962#298.69,4.83,80.0
                >
                > Photoshop should be your friend ;-)
                >
                > Willy
                >

                > On Nov 22, 2010, at 9:15, Matthew Rogers wrote:
                >
                > > It's called Photoshop. You're just never going to get results like this from tonemapped images. If that's what you're expecting then you'll just be disappointed.
                > >
                > > Matt
                > >

                > > On 22 Nov 2010, at 05:01, garrett u wrote:
                > >
                > >> How did they get the lighting so good in and out the windows?
                > >>
                > >> http://tinyurl.com/amazing-light
                > >>
                > >> Here is one of the better (imho) panos I've done lately.
                > >>
                > >> http://mangrovecreations.com/virtualtours/16456crowncolony/
                > >>
                > >> A still shot: http://tinyurl.com/285cvbo
                > >>
                > >> Doesn't really compare. Not sure what I'm doing wrong!
                > >>
                > >> Any sort of advice would help. Here is a link to a zip file of the 8 shot 7 2ev tour: http://mangrovecreations.com/virtualtours/test/panolivingroomhelp.zip
                > >>
                > >> Would it have helped to take the pictures in RAW? Do I just not have as good a camera?
                > >>
                > >> The amazing light pics are so high contrast and good looking. Professional.
                > >>
                > >> Any help is welcome!
                > >>
                > >> samyang 8mm lens on a canon t2i (550d) used enfuse on default and photomatix on Painterly, then manually masked the windows so that HDR windows were on the enfuse photo.
                > >>
                > >> btw give it ten minutes from when this was posted before you download the zip. It's going to the ftp right now.
                > >>
                > >> Thanks!

              • Mark D. Fink
                Message 7 of 17 , Nov 22, 2010
                  Cool! Can you put it in Michel Thoby's fridge?

                  http://michel.thoby.free.fr/PanoMaccroImages/PANORAMAFRIGO_FILTERED.mov

                  GRIN!

                  www.northernlight.net
                  www.virtual-travels.com
                  www.pinnacle-vr.com

                • michael crane
                  Message 8 of 17 , Nov 22, 2010
                    On Mon, November 22, 2010 2:55 pm, Mark D. Fink wrote:
                    > Cool! Can you put it in Michel Thoby's fridge?
                    >
                    > http://michel.thoby.free.fr/PanoMaccroImages/PANORAMAFRIGO_FILTERED.mov

                    now you are just being silly.

                    the rotisserie would be better
                  • Ned Chiariello
                    Message 9 of 17 , Nov 22, 2010
                      I also have been working on balancing indoor and outdoor lighting. In this one I added a lot of fill light in Photoshop's Adobe Bridge and set the camera half way between indoor and outdoor exposure. http://homepage.mac.com/panophoto/Tours/SportsBar/ProShop.swf In this one I bracketed the camera, one set to proper indoor exposure and one set to outdoor then merged them in Photoshop. http://homepage.mac.com/panophoto/Tours/Reception/Library1.swf I've found shooting RAW is always helpful, I'm still learning and experimenting.
                      On Nov 21, 2010, at 10:01 PM, garrett u wrote:

                      > How did they get the lighting so good in and out the windows?
                      >
                      > http://tinyurl.com/amazing-light
                      >
                      > Here is one of the better (imho) panos I've done lately.
                      >
                      > http://mangrovecreations.com/virtualtours/16456crowncolony/
                      >
                      > A still shot: http://tinyurl.com/285cvbo
                      >
                      > Doesn't really compare. Not sure what I'm doing wrong!
                      >
                      > Any sort of advice would help. Here is a link to a zip file of the 8 shot 7 2ev tour: http://mangrovecreations.com/virtualtours/test/panolivingroomhelp.zip
                      >
                      > Would it have helped to take the pictures in RAW? Do I just not have as good a camera?
                      >
                      > The amazing light pics are so high contrast and good looking. Professional.
                      >
                      > Any help is welcome!
                      >
                      > samyang 8mm lens on a canon t2i (550d) used enfuse on default and photomatix on Painterly, then manually masked the windows so that HDR windows were on the enfuse photo.
                      >
                      > btw give it ten minutes from when this was posted before you download the zip. It's going to the ftp right now.
                      >
                      > Thanks!

                    • Willy Kaemena
                      Message 10 of 17 , Nov 22, 2010
                        Hi Mark

                        well here we have the scale H0 Model train in Michel Thoby's fridge .... hope he wont mind ;-)

                        http://www.360cities.net/image/model-train-fridge

                        .... it was a challenge to shoot a panorama in a model train within a closed fridge.....;-)

                        Willy

                        On Nov 22, 2010, at 15:55, Mark D. Fink wrote:

                        > Cool! Can you put it in Michel Thoby's fridge?
                        >
                        > http://michel.thoby.free.fr/PanoMaccroImages/PANORAMAFRIGO_FILTERED.mov
                        >
                        > GRIN!
                        >
                        > www.northernlight.net
                        > www.virtual-travels.com
                        > www.pinnacle-vr.com

                      • Ron Rack
                        Message 11 of 17 , Nov 22, 2010
                          Willy,
                          That is funny, obviously you have some free time today ;-)

                          ron rack

                          On Nov 22, 2010, at 11:02 AM, Willy Kaemena wrote:

                          > Hi Mark
                          >
                          > well here we have the scale H0 Model train in Michel Thoby's
                          > fridge .... hope he wont mind ;-)
                          >
                          > http://www.360cities.net/image/model-train-fridge
                          >
                          > .... it was a challenge to shoot a panorama in a model train within
                          > a closed fridge.....;-)
                          >
                          > Willy
                          >
                          > On Nov 22, 2010, at 15:55, Mark D. Fink wrote:
                          >
                          > > Cool! Can you put it in Michel Thoby's fridge?
                          > >
                          > > http://michel.thoby.free.fr/PanoMaccroImages/PANORAMAFRIGO_FILTERED.mov
                          > >
                          > > GRIN!
                          > >
                          > > www.northernlight.net
                          > > www.virtual-travels.com
                          > > www.pinnacle-vr.com

                        • Willy Kaemena
                          Message 12 of 17 , Nov 22, 2010
                            heheh not really, it took me only 15 min from the idea to published

                            Willy

                            >>> www.virtual-travels.com
                            >>> www.pinnacle-vr.com

                          • Mark D. Fink
                            Message 13 of 17 , Nov 22, 2010
                              Willy,

                              Brilliant! Drive through shopping for the "little people". :o)

                              Thanks for this bit of whimsy!

                              Mark

                              www.northernlight.net
                              www.virtual-travels.com
                              www.pinnacle-vr.com

                            • michael crane
                              Message 14 of 17 , Nov 22, 2010
                                On Mon, November 22, 2010 4:07 pm, Willy Kaemena wrote:
                                > heheh not really, it took me only 15 min from the idea to published

                                cool, lets see the rotisserrie
                              • Michel Thoby
                                Message 15 of 17 , Nov 22, 2010
                                  Hi Willy,
                                  Le 22 nov. 2010 à 17:02, Willy Kaemena a écrit :

                                  > Hi Mark
                                  >
                                  > well here we have the scale H0 Model train in Michel Thoby's fridge .... hope he wont mind ;-)
                                  >
                                  > http://www.360cities.net/image/model-train-fridge
                                  >
                                  > .... it was a challenge to shoot a panorama in a model train within a closed fridge.....;-)
                                  >
                                  > Willy
                                  >
                                  > On Nov 22, 2010, at 15:55, Mark D. Fink wrote:
                                  >
                                  > > Cool! Can you put it in Michel Thoby's fridge?
                                  > >
                                  > > http://michel.thoby.free.fr/PanoMaccroImages/PANORAMAFRIGO_FILTERED.mov
                                  > >
                                  > > GRIN!

                                  Virtual Reality...
                                  How were you able to put your Ho model in this old fridge?
                                  It has been dumped after twenty years of service seven years ago after about twenty years of service!

                                  Michel

                                • garrett u
                                  Message 16 of 17 , Nov 22, 2010
                                    I think I dislike the yellow inside that came from shooting the pano with outdoor white balance because I hate the blue reflections when you shoot with indoor. To reduce the yellow I desaturated it and it made it look more soft.

                                    Next time I'll spend the extra time, shoot in raw and color correct a little better, then mask the two results.

                                    Blah. T2i only takes raw at max resolution.

                                    No reason to take 18megapixel pictures when the final pano only needs to be 4000x2000
                                    --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Ned Chiariello <panophoto@...> wrote:

                                    > I also have been working on balancing indoor and outdoor lighting. In this one I added a lot of fill light in Photoshop's Adobe Bridge and set the camera half way between indoor and outdoor exposure. http://homepage.mac.com/panophoto/Tours/SportsBar/ProShop.swf In this one I bracketed the camera, one set to proper indoor exposure and one set to outdoor then merged them in Photoshop. http://homepage.mac.com/panophoto/Tours/Reception/Library1.swf I've found shooting RAW is always helpful, I'm still learning and experimenting.
                                    > On Nov 21, 2010, at 10:01 PM, garrett u wrote:
                                    >
                                    > > How did they get the lighting so good in and out the windows?
                                    > >
                                    > > http://tinyurl.com/amazing-light
                                    > >
                                    > > Here is one of the better (imho) panos I've done lately.
                                    > >
                                    > > http://mangrovecreations.com/virtualtours/16456crowncolony/
                                    > >
                                    > > A still shot: http://tinyurl.com/285cvbo
                                    > >
                                    > > Doesn't really compare. Not sure what I'm doing wrong!
                                    > >
                                    > > Any sort of advice would help. Here is a link to a zip file of the 8 shot 7 2ev tour: http://mangrovecreations.com/virtualtours/test/panolivingroomhelp.zip
                                    > >
                                    > > Would it have helped to take the pictures in RAW? Do I just not have as good a camera?
                                    > >
                                    > > The amazing light pics are so high contrast and good looking. Professional.
                                    > >
                                    > > Any help is welcome!
                                    > >
                                    > > samyang 8mm lens on a canon t2i (550d) used enfuse on default and photomatix on Painterly, then manually masked the windows so that HDR windows were on the enfuse photo.
                                    > >
                                    > > btw give it ten minutes from when this was posted before you download the zip. It's going to the ftp right now.
                                    > >
                                    > > Thanks!

                                  • PETER MOTT
                                    Message 17 of 17 , Nov 22, 2010

                                      > these are "pasted" extra exposures.