Re: Sensor size / crop factor of a Canon T2i

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 19, 2010
      Am 18.11.2010 14:53, schrieb garrett u:
      > Ptgui lists the sensor size as: 15.178443 x 22.767664 and the crop
      > factor as: 1.5811899, while everything I've seen puts it at 14.9 x
      > 22.3 and the crop as 1.6.
      >
      > Just wondering if anyone has some exact numbers, thanks.

      This depends on what you look at. In-Camera conversion, DPP and many
      other RAW converters give the specified pixel dimensions. However, in
      reality there are more pixels and dcraw for instance delivers them. This
      is the reason why you have different image sizes between PTGui RAW
      import (which uses dcraw) and f.e. DPP converted images.

      Naturally this gives a slightly different crop factor.