click/hold mouse is losing the click/drag war

  • Jeffrey Martin | 360Cities.net
    Message 1 of 62 , Nov 17, 2010
      once tablets are much more commonplace, i think we should just admit that
      the "look-to" click mouse and hold type of pano navigation simply will be
      the minority.

      the more i use panos on phone/ipad, the more intuitive that type of pano
      navigation is.

      i'm getting a few of these comments on the london gigapixel, which you can
      safely say, is being seen by a lot of people who normally, see no panos
      except for google streetview:

      "However, I find it counter intuitive to use, particularly after being used
      to dragging Google maps and streetview around. Please could you offer the
      option to reverse the direction of clicking and dragging up, down, left and
      right. Many thanks."

      (I won't have another button for another option - it needs to be one or the
      other. in 5 years, which one do you think that will be?)

      Jeffrey

    • prague
      Message 62 of 62 , Nov 30, 2010
        Bryant, you know that I'm on your side - I want control too - but things aren't (and should not be) made for us. just admit it :)

        "don't make me click"
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuELwq2ThJE
        watch it!

        think of all the things in the world that have great design.

        for example
        http://www.tipb.com/2010/10/06/sony-google-tv-apple-tv-remotes/
        :-)))

        anyway, this is turning into another religious war. having fine-grained control over something is separate from designing simplicity. great design allows full control, but hides it from the novices.