Screen capture and DVD authoring for panoramics

  • Robert Slade
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 6, 2010
      Hello all,

      I've been asked to put a vitual tour on a computer DVD. The client wants
      a short video explaining how to use the interactive tour. The video will
      play if the DVD is inserted into a normal DVD player, and will offer a
      link to the tour if inserted into a computer DVD drive.

      Does anyone have any recommendations for screen capture software which
      will let me create a tutorial video, and DVD authoring software to
      create the DVD with menus and a link to the tour?

      Many thanks,
      Rob

      --
      Robert Slade, Photographer
      Manor Photography 07890 564889
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 6, 2010
        Hi :)
        Selo you have pano2movie that will capture the panorama, but you'll have to edit the video in a video editing application afterwards.
        If you're on a mac I recommend iShowU HD (http://store.shinywhitebox.com/ishowuhd/main.html), if you're on a PC I don't know what works well these days.

        Good luck :)

        Paulo Fernandes
        http://about.me/paulofernandes

        Sent from my iPhone

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 6, 2010
          Thanks Paulo - I am a PC user.
          Regards,
          Rob
          --

          Paulo Fernandes wrote:

          > Hi :)
          > Selo you have pano2movie that will capture the panorama, but you'll have
          > to edit the video in a video editing application afterwards.
          > If you're on a mac I recommend iShowU HD
          > (http://store.shinywhitebox.com/ishowuhd/main.html), if you're on a PC I
          > don't know what works well these days.
          >
          > Good luck :)
          >
          > Paulo Fernandes
          > http://about.me/paulofernandes

          --
          Robert Slade, Photographer
          Manor Photography 07890 564889
          http://www.manor-photography.com
        • tom_a_sparks
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 6, 2010
            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Robert Slade <robert@...> wrote:

            > Hello all,
            >
            > I've been asked to put a vitual tour on a computer DVD. The client wants
            > a short video explaining how to use the interactive tour. The video will
            > play if the DVD is inserted into a normal DVD player, and will offer a
            > link to the tour if inserted into a computer DVD drive.
            >
            > Does anyone have any recommendations for screen capture software which
            > will let me create a tutorial video,
            here is a list of program that can create a video tutorial
            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_screencasting_software

            if you are creating a DVD-rom you can use Menu-box by Cloanto (http://www.menubox.com/)