Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Samyang 8mm (WinRAR)

  • Bjørn K Nilssen
    Message 1 of 62 , Nov 4, 2010
      På Thu, 04 Nov 2010 14:15:38 +0100, skrev PETER MOTT <peter@...>:

      >> What is a RAR file, and how do I open it?
      >>
      >> Roger W.
      >>
      >> --
      >> Work: www.adex-japan.com
      >>

      > WinRAR is a file compression utility. On Windows it is (or was) not
      > free. Winzip does not recognise the RAR format but 7Zip does. 7Zip is
      > free: http://www.7-zip.org/

      And works great too :)

      --
      Bjørn K Nilssen - http://bknilssen.no - 3D and panoramas.
    • Michel Thoby
      Message 62 of 62 , Feb 10, 2014

        Le 9 févr. 2014 à 23:22, <markdfink@...> <markdfink@...> a écrit :

        Absolutely don't trust the focus scales on any of their lenses! I found out the hard way with a 35mm that I rented, and see that both my 14mm and 8mm have the same issues. I used this link to find out how to fix it so that I can reliably use hyperfocal settings when shooting.

        Mark
        Mark, thank you very much for sharing this link.
        I had found by myself the same way to mechanically set the focus scale ring at the correct position. I can confirm that it made me a happy user of the Samyang 14 mm for more than three years now.
        I was inspired by Jeffrey R. Charles who had kindly taught us in 2009 how to solve the problem that similarly affects the Samyang 8 mm f3.5 fisheye lens. It is a simpler fix than for the rectilinear WA though:

        Best regards,

        Michel Thoby