Re: [PanoToolsNG] Samyang 8mm

  • A Kielcz
    Message 1 of 62 , Nov 3, 2010
      I forgot again. It must be my old age.
      password is "maciek"

      A Kielcz

      Cincinnati, Ohio, U.S.A.

      --- On Wed, 11/3/10, Roger D. Williams <roger@...> wrote:

      From: Roger D. Williams <roger@...>
      Subject: Re: [PanoToolsNG] Samyang 8mm
      To: PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wednesday, November 3, 2010, 10:20 PM

      On Thu, 04 Nov 2010 10:20:33 +0900, A Kielcz <roblee007@...> wrote:

      > Here are 2 NEFs taken with this lens at F6.8 and pre-focus at .7m and 2m.

      > Which one has better sharpness and DOF?

      > NEFs are unprocessed.

      > Thank you!

      > http://filebin.ca/awfnev/2NEFS.rar

      Sorry, Huck, but my Winzip will not extract the two files from your

      RAR file. It asks for a password (allowing me to enter one) but

      reports a CRC error in extraction.

      Roger W.

      --

      Work: www.adex-japan.com

    • Michel Thoby
      Message 62 of 62 , Feb 10, 2014

        Le 9 févr. 2014 à 23:22, <markdfink@...> <markdfink@...> a écrit :

        Absolutely don't trust the focus scales on any of their lenses! I found out the hard way with a 35mm that I rented, and see that both my 14mm and 8mm have the same issues. I used this link to find out how to fix it so that I can reliably use hyperfocal settings when shooting.

        Mark
        Mark, thank you very much for sharing this link.
        I had found by myself the same way to mechanically set the focus scale ring at the correct position. I can confirm that it made me a happy user of the Samyang 14 mm for more than three years now.
        I was inspired by Jeffrey R. Charles who had kindly taught us in 2009 how to solve the problem that similarly affects the Samyang 8 mm f3.5 fisheye lens. It is a simpler fix than for the rectilinear WA though:

        Best regards,

        Michel Thoby