Re: Bohemian Paradise, Czech Republic

  • robert
    Message 1 of 39 , Nov 3, 2010
      I agree higher resolution is great when you want it and the load times are not an issue for a "destination" site especially if warned in advance.

      I only looked at the first one, wonderful shot, you should have carved your name in the nadir stump :)

      But, the shimmer when moving the view is intense, strong enough to give someone prone to strobe issues a seizure. Will any Flash player ever get even close to the smoothness of Devalvr via Shockwave ?

      My personal view is shimmer is the biggest problem this format has and it's enough to make a lot of viewers go away.

      Regards,

      Robert

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "erik_leeman" <erik.leeman@...> wrote:

      > Hi all,
      >
      > For those with a taste for green stuff and rocks and a healthy dislike of concrete and bricks, AND(!) with BIG screens and FAST internet connections, I've got some ridiculously large panoramas to show you:
      >
      > <http://tinyurl.com/Direct-to-Fullscreen-CeskyRaj>
      >
      > Only Flash10, file size is about 13MB each.
      >
      > When you click on a thumbnail a VR-panorama will load and open in full screen.
      >
      > Why so large? Cube face size is 2880x2880 and they're highly detailed.
      >
      > I shot them in June of this year in the Czech Republic, and really like them myself. I hope some of you will like them as well.
      >
      > Please note: I will only keep these very large versions on my website for a week of so because I need the space for other things.
      >
      > Thanks for having a look!
      >
      > Erik Leeman
      >
      > (<http://www.erikleeman.com> <http://www.flickr.com/photos/erik-nl/>)

    • erik_leeman