Flash painting an entire town

  • panovrx
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 2, 2010
      http://www.caborian.com/20101022/pintando-con-luz-toda-una-ciudad/

      50 people flash paint Toledo for a night panorama
      (from ITCOW 360 http://moonshine.homedns.org:2655/pano/ )

      Peter M
    • Bostjan Burger
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 2, 2010
        Good idea and a lot of enthusiasm. Realy great team work.
        I started with flash painting when I was documenting karst caves, that was in a
        mid 90-ies. I used the master and slave flash combos. Some subterranean caverns
        were huge and flashes were not powerfull enought to enlighten the entire space
        so I continued with the light painting "torch" method and a number of
        assistants. I use 1000 Lumens torch now which is usefull even with work in a
        smaller caves. Here is an example of one of the smaller
        caves: http://www.burger.si/Jame/LogaskaJama/seznam.html and a one huge
        cavern: http://www.burger.si/Jame/PlaninskaJama/07.html. In the last example the
        air was extremely humid, almost foggy, but it was a study of documenting in
        extreme light condition. That was almost two years ago. I can now enlighten
        almost every subterranean cavern. Right now I am starting most probaby one of
        mine the most dangerous subterranean Vr projects - about 600 m below the Earth's
        surface and with the oxigen mask as the area will be with the hi concentration
        of the methane.

        Kind regards!

        Bostjan