Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Action ... no fall protection

  • John Riley
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 2, 2010
      On Oct 31, 2010, at 5:10 PM, texas360dave wrote:

      > Nice panorama.
      >
      > Where is the Safety Engineer ?
      >
      > Safety Issues: Men not wearing hard hats, No handrails. Walk board needs toe rails.
      >
      > Men are not wearing fall protection devices.
      > 1 Man are wearing tennis shoes.
      > Other man maybe wearing steel toe boots not sure.
      >
      > Men near the crane are not wearing hard hats. Jobsite signage should have fence signs saying "Hard Hat Area".
      >
      > Vertical reinforcement rod pointing upwards do not have protective caps.
      >
      > Do not see industrial fire extinguisher. It might be hiding.

      Well, after all, Germany IS the country that brought us the best "safety" training video EVER! I present to you Staplerfahrer Klaus, Der erste Arbeitstag (Forklift Driver Klaus, First Day on the Job): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVssz2VMJVM If you have ever had to sit through some gruesome training video or driver education shock film, you will appreciate this. Warning: very graphic, but obviously fake special effects. As I understand it, they even managed to get the voice actor used in many real safety videos in Germany, lending an ever better air of verisimilitude. Enjoy!

      John

      John Riley
      johnriley@...
      (h)864-461-3504