FSPViewer 64 bit available

  • Fulvio Senore
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 2, 2010
      I have just released a 64 bit version of FSPViewer. It works exactly as
      the 32 bit version but it can address more memory and it is faster.

      KNOWN PROBLEM: some people have reported that when going full-screen the
      screen becomes black. This only happens on some computers and often it
      can be solved by pressing a few times the "F" key to toggle full-screen
      mode.

      http://www.fsoft.it/panorama/FSPViewer.htm

      The program is the same as the one that somebody downloaded for testing:
      no need to download it again.
      Many thanks to all the testers who helped me with the program.

      Fulvio Senore
    • Ken Warner
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 2, 2010
        Don't ya love it when stuff actually works? Nice job Fulvio....

        Fulvio Senore wrote:
        > I have just released a 64 bit version of FSPViewer. It works exactly as
        > the 32 bit version but it can address more memory and it is faster.
        >
        > KNOWN PROBLEM: some people have reported that when going full-screen the
        > screen becomes black. This only happens on some computers and often it
        > can be solved by pressing a few times the "F" key to toggle full-screen
        > mode.
        >
        > http://www.fsoft.it/panorama/FSPViewer.htm
        >
        > The program is the same as the one that somebody downloaded for testing:
        > no need to download it again.
        > Many thanks to all the testers who helped me with the program.
        >
        > Fulvio Senore
        >

        > ------------------------------------

      • Per B.
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 2, 2010
          Thanks Fulvio. Great Viewer and even faster and smother in 64 bit. ;o)

          For everyday users here is a litle handy trick Jost told me.

          "By the way in Windows it's handy to have quick access to your viewer
          applications:
          Open explorer and browse to
          Vista:
             C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo
          XP:
             C:\Documents and Settings\<your user name>\SendTo
          Right click in this folder and choose New -> Shortcut
          Then browse to the viewer application (eg FSPViewer.exe)
          Now you can quickly open any file in FSPViewer by right-clicking on the
          file name and choosing Send To -> FSPViewer
          Joost "

          Windows 7 users just type: shell:sendto
          and add a shortcut for FSPViewer

          Per

          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 2, 2010
            Thanks Fulvio. Works GREAT!
            Alex Spielberg, New York

            On 11/2/2010 4:51 PM, Fulvio Senore wrote:
            > I have just released a 64 bit version of FSPViewer. It works exactly as
            > the 32 bit version but it can address more memory and it is faster.
            >
            > KNOWN PROBLEM: some people have reported that when going full-screen the
            > screen becomes black. This only happens on some computers and often it
            > can be solved by pressing a few times the "F" key to toggle full-screen
            > mode.
            >
            > http://www.fsoft.it/panorama/FSPViewer.htm
            >
            > The program is the same as the one that somebody downloaded for testing:
            > no need to download it again.
            > Many thanks to all the testers who helped me with the program.
            >
            > Fulvio Senore
            >

            > ------------------------------------

          • Peter Nyfeler
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 6, 2010
              Hi Fulvio

              Am 02.11.10 21:51, schrieb Fulvio Senore:
              > I have just released a 64 bit version of FSPViewer. It works exactly as
              > the 32 bit version but it can address more memory and it is faster.
              >
              > KNOWN PROBLEM: some people have reported that when going full-screen the
              > screen becomes black. This only happens on some computers and often it
              > can be solved by pressing a few times the "F" key to toggle full-screen
              > mode.
              >
              > http://www.fsoft.it/panorama/FSPViewer.htm
              >
              > The program is the same as the one that somebody downloaded for testing:
              > no need to download it again.
              > Many thanks to all the testers who helped me with the program.
              >
              > Fulvio Senore
              >

              > ------------------------------------

              When will be there a mac version of your viewer?

              Best regards

              Peter
            • Fulvio Senore
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 6, 2010
                Il 06/11/2010 11.46, Peter Nyfeler ha scritto:

                > When will be there a mac version of your viewer?

                I have plans to do it (Linux too) and I have some ideas about how to do
                it. The idea is having a ready-to-use component that could also be
                embedded in other programs with complex user interfaces.

                The problem, as usual, is finding the time since this would require a
                lot of rewrite.

                Fulvio
              • Peter Nyfeler
                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 6, 2010
                  Hi Fulvio

                  Message 8 of 9 , Nov 6, 2010
                    On Sat, Nov 6, 2010 at 11:48 AM, Peter Nyfeler <peter.nyfeler@...>wrote:

                    > Hi Fulvio
                    > Am 06.11.10 14:12, schrieb Fulvio Senore:
                    > > Il 06/11/2010 11.46, Peter Nyfeler ha scritto:
                    > >> When will be there a mac version of your viewer?
                    > > I have plans to do it (Linux too) and I have some ideas about how to do
                    > > it. The idea is having a ready-to-use component that could also be
                    > > embedded in other programs with complex user interfaces.
                    > > The problem, as usual, is finding the time since this would require a lot
                    > of rewrite.
                    > > Fulvio
                    > > ------------------------------------
                    >

                    > Thanks for the quick answer.
                    > count me in for beta testing the mac version
                    > Peter

                    And ME as well :-)
                    AYRTON

                    + 55 21 9982 6313 - RIO