5DMk2 & Canon 14mm ?

  • johnmyrstad
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 2, 2010
      Hi folks.

      Have any of you produced 360`s with 5Dmk2 and Canon 14mm f2.8 lens. I`d like to check out the quality of the combination.

      John Myrstad
    • Blake Michaelson
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 18, 2011
        I realize this is pretty old - but, does anybody have any samples using the 5Dmk2 and Canon 14mm?

        On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 11:16 AM, johnmyrstad <johnmyrstad@...> wrote:

        Hi folks.

        Have any of you produced 360`s with 5Dmk2 and Canon 14mm f2.8 lens. I`d like to check out the quality of the combination.

        John Myrstad

      • rj_profile2004
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 18, 2011
          well, this is pretty old too, but it is my first use of that combo, 5Dmk2 and Canon 14mm.

          http://vimeo.com/2833771

          it's short.

          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Blake Michaelson <blake.michaelson@...> wrote:

          > I realize this is pretty old - but, does anybody have any samples using the
          > 5Dmk2 and Canon 14mm?

        • rj_profile2004
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 18, 2011
            and one more

            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F20GJwccRR4

            I have not tried to do at 360 with this lens. I can test it however if you like.

            I always preferred the 15mm FFF, and now have the 8-15mm zoom, but have not tried it yet either. I am waiting for Nodal Ninja to come up with a "ring mount" for it. They have a prototype now.

            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "rj_profile2004" <4x9@...> wrote:

            > well, this is pretty old too, but it is my first use of that combo, 5Dmk2 and Canon 14mm.
            >
            > http://vimeo.com/2833771
            >
            > it's short.
            >

            > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Blake Michaelson <blake.michaelson@> wrote:
            > >
            > > I realize this is pretty old - but, does anybody have any samples using the
            > > 5Dmk2 and Canon 14mm?

          • Michel Thoby
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 19, 2011
              Hi Blake and Rusty,

              Le 19 sept. 2011 à 01:23, rj_profile2004 a écrit :

              and one more

              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F20GJwccRR4

              I have not tried to do at 360 with this lens. I can test it however if you like.

              I always preferred the 15mm FFF, and now have the 8-15mm zoom, but have not tried it yet either. I am waiting for Nodal Ninja to come up with a "ring mount" for it. They have a prototype now.

              --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "rj_profile2004" <4x9@...> wrote:

              > well, this is pretty old too, but it is my first use of that combo, 5Dmk2 and Canon 14mm.
              >
              > http://vimeo.com/2833771
              >
              > it's short.
              >

              > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Blake Michaelson <blake.michaelson@> wrote:
              > >
              > > I realize this is pretty old - but, does anybody have any samples using the
              > > 5Dmk2 and Canon 14mm

              Please, could you specify more precisely the model of lens you are writing about?
              The older Canon EF 14 mm f/2.8 USM L  (Mk 1) has been discontinued but it is still widely used by many pro photographers. One could read some reviews and view images shot on an EOS 5D Mk 2 for instance at:
              The Canon EF 14 mm f/2.8 USM L II (i.e. Mk 2) is currently the widest  UWA prime lens that is available from Canon. One can read reviews of this lens also mounted on an EOS 5D Mk2 (and possibly download/view some sample full scale images as well) for instance at:
              These two Canon lenses  are **very different** one from the other and the latter (Mk 2) model can be compared with the renown Nikkor AF-S 14-24 mm f/2.8G ED zoom lens and more directly with third-party prime lenses such as the Samyang 14 mm f/2.8 ED AS IF UMC (please note the important underlined to not make confusion with a short-lived model). I have studied this Samyang lens when it's used for panorama photography: http://tinyurl.com/2u2judu
              The three lenses are all excellent but the Samyang 14 mm (manual controlled only) is... about 5 to 7 times cheaper than the Canon and  Nikon direct rivals!
              BTW from my recent tests, I have concluded that the EF 8-15 mm zoom (at 15 mm) is better in many ways than the older EF 15 mm fisheye despite the one-stop aperture deficit. I was also very surprised to find that IMO it also bests the Samyang 14 mm for panorama photography... with a steep price tag though.
              Michel

            • rj_profile2004
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 19, 2011