Re: Action ... no fall protection

  • Wim Koornneef
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 2, 2010
      Hello Jürgen,

      I fully agree with Dave about the safety issues, I had the same thoughts
      after the first view of this very nice panorama.
      I don't think there is a lot of difference about safety regulations between
      The Netherlands and Germany so I guess it must be an attitude issue of the
      local builders ....

      Wim

    • John Riley
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 2, 2010
        On Oct 31, 2010, at 5:10 PM, texas360dave wrote:

        > Nice panorama.
        >
        > Where is the Safety Engineer ?
        >
        > Safety Issues: Men not wearing hard hats, No handrails. Walk board needs toe rails.
        >
        > Men are not wearing fall protection devices.
        > 1 Man are wearing tennis shoes.
        > Other man maybe wearing steel toe boots not sure.
        >
        > Men near the crane are not wearing hard hats. Jobsite signage should have fence signs saying "Hard Hat Area".
        >
        > Vertical reinforcement rod pointing upwards do not have protective caps.
        >
        > Do not see industrial fire extinguisher. It might be hiding.

        Well, after all, Germany IS the country that brought us the best "safety" training video EVER! I present to you Staplerfahrer Klaus, Der erste Arbeitstag (Forklift Driver Klaus, First Day on the Job): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVssz2VMJVM If you have ever had to sit through some gruesome training video or driver education shock film, you will appreciate this. Warning: very graphic, but obviously fake special effects. As I understand it, they even managed to get the voice actor used in many real safety videos in Germany, lending an ever better air of verisimilitude. Enjoy!

        John

        John Riley
        johnriley@...
        (h)864-461-3504