Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Action ... no fall protection

  • Matt Smith
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 2, 2010
      I was thinking the same thing. The business model might be best if it
      was "Not to Publish".

      Matt Smith
      PhotoSpherix
      317.396.5791
      360 Product Photography
      Indianapolis, Indiana USA
      http://www.photospherix.com

    • Bostjan Burger
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 2, 2010
        I believe that the safety rules are much more strickt in EU than in US. My
        younger brother went to US to work in a construction company, that was 15 years
        ago. He was 18 years old and he didn't need to work for a money but for the
        experience. He was very dissapointed with the safety and working conditions in
        US in general. Even he had not much experience he worked on a hi altitude and on
        -20°C. For him the experinece was as coming from the 1st World to 4th World. He
        was in Brazil later and working there was much more safer.
        I have been following the construction work in several places and documenting it
        with VRs. I got a permition only when I agreed to wear a helmet, but the use of
        helmets was not always strict as it was not always needed...he is the set of
        VRs: http://www.burger.si/DOGODKI/2009_MesarskiMost/seznam.html.

        Bostjan

        ________________________________
        It's Germany, not Texas. In Germany, men are men ;-)))

        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "texas360dave" <texas360dave@...> wrote:

        > Nice panorama.
        >
        > Where is the Safety Engineer ?
        >
        > Safety Issues: Men not wearing hard hats, No handrails. Walk board needs toe
        >rails.
        >

        > Men are not wearing fall protection devices.
        > 1 Man are wearing tennis shoes.
        > Other man maybe wearing steel toe boots not sure.
        >
        > Men near the crane are not wearing hard hats. Jobsite signage should have
        >fence signs saying "Hard Hat Area".
        >
        > Vertical reinforcement rod pointing upwards do not have protective caps.
        >
        > Do not see industrial fire extinguisher. It might be hiding.
        >
        > Construction site needs clean up. Do not see a portable toilet.
        >
        > Really nice panorama. Good Job! LOLLL You might show it to the contractors
        >safety inspector.
        >
        > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "jrgen_schrader" <panorama@> wrote:
        > >
        > > While I recently visited the construction site of a climbing hall which I am
        >documenting for our local Alpenverein (www.bavaria360.de/dav) these guys had
        >start to build the concrete walls and there were all these bright colours in our
        >fall-sun at noon ... I couldn't resist and luckily I carried my 4-shooter with
        >me ;)
        > >
        > > http://bavaria360.de/dav/101029_2.html
        > >
        > > Boy, I couldn't imagine how many things can move in such a short time, hehe.
        >And yes, I know, next time I'll better take care of my shadows ;)
        > >
        > > Enjoy
        > > Jürgen

      • Wim Koornneef
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 2, 2010
          Hello Jürgen,

          I fully agree with Dave about the safety issues, I had the same thoughts
          after the first view of this very nice panorama.
          I don't think there is a lot of difference about safety regulations between
          The Netherlands and Germany so I guess it must be an attitude issue of the
          local builders ....

          Wim

        • John Riley
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 2, 2010
            On Oct 31, 2010, at 5:10 PM, texas360dave wrote:

            > Nice panorama.
            >
            > Where is the Safety Engineer ?
            >
            > Safety Issues: Men not wearing hard hats, No handrails. Walk board needs toe rails.
            >
            > Men are not wearing fall protection devices.
            > 1 Man are wearing tennis shoes.
            > Other man maybe wearing steel toe boots not sure.
            >
            > Men near the crane are not wearing hard hats. Jobsite signage should have fence signs saying "Hard Hat Area".
            >
            > Vertical reinforcement rod pointing upwards do not have protective caps.
            >
            > Do not see industrial fire extinguisher. It might be hiding.

            Well, after all, Germany IS the country that brought us the best "safety" training video EVER! I present to you Staplerfahrer Klaus, Der erste Arbeitstag (Forklift Driver Klaus, First Day on the Job): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVssz2VMJVM If you have ever had to sit through some gruesome training video or driver education shock film, you will appreciate this. Warning: very graphic, but obviously fake special effects. As I understand it, they even managed to get the voice actor used in many real safety videos in Germany, lending an ever better air of verisimilitude. Enjoy!

            John

            John Riley
            johnriley@...
            (h)864-461-3504