Re: [PanoToolsNG] Samyang 8mm

  • Ricardo TVB
    Message 1 of 62 , Nov 1, 2010
      You are welcome.
      Good luck!

      Em 01/11/2010 22:52, A Kielcz escreveu:

      > That explains it.
      > Very good dof then.
      > I'll play with my lens some more in couple of days and let
      > you know.
      > Thank you!
      >
      > A Kielcz
      >
      > Cincinnati, Ohio, U.S.A.
      >
      > --- On Mon, 11/1/10, Ricardo TVB
      > <ricardo.araujo@...
      > <mailto:ricardo.araujo%40tourvirtualbrasil.com.br>> wrote:
      >
      > From: Ricardo TVB <ricardo.araujo@...
      > <mailto:ricardo.araujo%40tourvirtualbrasil.com.br>>
      > Subject: Re: [PanoToolsNG] Samyang 8mm
      > To: PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com
      > <mailto:PanoToolsNG%40yahoogroups.com>
      > Date: Monday, November 1, 2010, 6:44 PM
      >

      > Yes, but the camera is over the table, the keyboard is 2cm
      >
      > away from the lens, the mouse is 20cm away, the panel with
      >
      > photos is at 1.8m the door is at 3.5m and so on.
      >
      > For panos, 20cm to infinity is acceptable isn't? ;)
      >
      > Em 01/11/2010 20:37, A Kielcz escreveu:
      >

      > > Ricardo,
      >
      > > Keyboard s out of focus
      >

      > > A Kielcz
      >

      > > Cincinnati, Ohio, U.S.A.
      >

      > > --- On Mon, 11/1/10, Ricardo TVB
      >
      > > <ricardo.araujo@...
      > <mailto:ricardo.araujo%40tourvirtualbrasil.com.br>
      >
      > > <mailto:ricardo.araujo%40tourvirtualbrasil.com.br>> wrote:
      >

      > > From: Ricardo TVB
      > <ricardo.araujo@...
      > <mailto:ricardo.araujo%40tourvirtualbrasil.com.br>
      >
      > > <mailto:ricardo.araujo%40tourvirtualbrasil.com.br>>
      >
      > > Subject: Re: [PanoToolsNG] Samyang 8mm
      >
      > > To: PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com
      > <mailto:PanoToolsNG%40yahoogroups.com>
      >
      > > <mailto:PanoToolsNG%40yahoogroups.com>
      >
      > > Date: Monday, November 1, 2010, 6:17 PM
      >

      > > Sure.
      >

      > > The image (jpg -untouched as yours) is at
      >

      > > http://www.tourvirtualbrasil.com.br/sdmkIISy.html
      >

      > > ISO 400 - 0.8s
      >

      > > Regards,
      >

      > > Ricardo
      >

      > > Em 01/11/2010 15:12, A Kielcz escreveu:
      >

      > > > Ricardo,
      >

      > > > Thank you for replying. I'll try it.
      >

      > > > Could you please post an image.
      >

      > > > A Kielcz
      >

      > > > Cincinnati, Ohio, U.S.A.
      >

      > > > --- On Mon, 11/1/10, Ricardo TVB
      >

      > > > <ricardo.araujo@...
      > <mailto:ricardo.araujo%40tourvirtualbrasil.com.br>
      >
      > > <mailto:ricardo.araujo%40tourvirtualbrasil.com.br>
      >

      > > > <mailto:ricardo.araujo%40tourvirtualbrasil.com.br>> wrote:
      >

      > > > From: Ricardo TVB
      >
      > > <ricardo.araujo@...
      > <mailto:ricardo.araujo%40tourvirtualbrasil.com.br>
      >
      > > <mailto:ricardo.araujo%40tourvirtualbrasil.com.br>
      >

      > > > <mailto:ricardo.araujo%40tourvirtualbrasil.com.br>>
      >

      > > > Subject: Re: [PanoToolsNG] Samyang 8mm
      >

      > > > To: PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com
      > <mailto:PanoToolsNG%40yahoogroups.com>
      >
      > > <mailto:PanoToolsNG%40yahoogroups.com>
      >

      > > > <mailto:PanoToolsNG%40yahoogroups.com>
      >

      > > > Date: Monday, November 1, 2010, 12:09 PM

      > > > My best results using Samyang with 5D MKII is at F/8 and
      >

      > > > focus set to 0.7m. This is the sharpest image for this
      > combo

> [...]

    • Michel Thoby
      Message 62 of 62 , Feb 10, 2014

        Le 9 févr. 2014 à 23:22, <markdfink@...> <markdfink@...> a écrit :

        Absolutely don't trust the focus scales on any of their lenses! I found out the hard way with a 35mm that I rented, and see that both my 14mm and 8mm have the same issues. I used this link to find out how to fix it so that I can reliably use hyperfocal settings when shooting.

        Mark
        Mark, thank you very much for sharing this link.
        I had found by myself the same way to mechanically set the focus scale ring at the correct position. I can confirm that it made me a happy user of the Samyang 14 mm for more than three years now.
        I was inspired by Jeffrey R. Charles who had kindly taught us in 2009 how to solve the problem that similarly affects the Samyang 8 mm f3.5 fisheye lens. It is a simpler fix than for the rectilinear WA though:

        Best regards,

        Michel Thoby