Re: [PanoToolsNG] Samyang 8mm

  • A Kielcz
    Message 1 of 62 , Nov 1, 2010
      That explains it.
      Very good dof then.
      I'll play with my lens some more in couple of days and let you know.
      Thank you!

      A Kielcz

      Cincinnati, Ohio, U.S.A.

      Message 62 of 62 , Feb 10, 2014

        Le 9 févr. 2014 à 23:22, <markdfink@...> <markdfink@...> a écrit :

        Absolutely don't trust the focus scales on any of their lenses! I found out the hard way with a 35mm that I rented, and see that both my 14mm and 8mm have the same issues. I used this link to find out how to fix it so that I can reliably use hyperfocal settings when shooting.

        Mark
        Mark, thank you very much for sharing this link.
        I had found by myself the same way to mechanically set the focus scale ring at the correct position. I can confirm that it made me a happy user of the Samyang 14 mm for more than three years now.
        I was inspired by Jeffrey R. Charles who had kindly taught us in 2009 how to solve the problem that similarly affects the Samyang 8 mm f3.5 fisheye lens. It is a simpler fix than for the rectilinear WA though:

        Best regards,

        Michel Thoby