Re: [PanoToolsNG] Samyang 8mm

  • Roger D. Williams
    Message 1 of 62 , Nov 1, 2010
      On Tue, 02 Nov 2010 02:18:34 +0900, A Kielcz <roblee007@...> wrote:

      > Well, I wanted to upload "untouched" image.

      That makes sense.

      > CA is totally gone after I played with NEF in NX2.

      Yep. That'll do it! If it disappeared on both sides of the
      image you're really in clear street.

      > I have to say that lens is better than before sending it back.

      That(s good to know.

      > Thank you!

      Welcome!

      Roger W.

      --
      Business: www.adex-japan.com
      Pleasure: www.usefilm.com/member/roger
      Message 62 of 62 , Feb 10, 2014

        Le 9 févr. 2014 à 23:22, <markdfink@...> <markdfink@...> a écrit :

        Absolutely don't trust the focus scales on any of their lenses! I found out the hard way with a 35mm that I rented, and see that both my 14mm and 8mm have the same issues. I used this link to find out how to fix it so that I can reliably use hyperfocal settings when shooting.

        Mark
        Mark, thank you very much for sharing this link.
        I had found by myself the same way to mechanically set the focus scale ring at the correct position. I can confirm that it made me a happy user of the Samyang 14 mm for more than three years now.
        I was inspired by Jeffrey R. Charles who had kindly taught us in 2009 how to solve the problem that similarly affects the Samyang 8 mm f3.5 fisheye lens. It is a simpler fix than for the rectilinear WA though:

        Best regards,

        Michel Thoby