Re: Gigapixels might get a new blast

  • prague
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 1, 2010
      did they start with no known camera positions or lens parameters? or are both known already? if so, i wouldn't really call it much of a breakthrough, more like a significant step forward, but not a breakthrough. creating a thumbnail preview from known camera positions/parameters isn't a huge leap forward, i guess, but those more knowledgeable than me about such stuff can correct me if i'm wrong.

      forgive me for being skeptical, but it's hard to tell what is linkbait and what is a genuine breakthrough from a lot of these "scientific" articles, which rarely give enough information for the reader to discern which is which.

      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 1, 2010
        Am 31.10.2010 18:22, schrieb Joost Nieuwenhuijse:

        > And Zoomify, krpano and pano2vr basically use pyramid
        > images when displaying multi resolution panoramas.

        Yes, but those are redundant. A part of the pixels in the larger
        resolution is also present in the lower one.

        Message 3 of 13 , Nov 1, 2010
          Am 31.10.2010 21:18, schrieb johnmyrstad:

          > I believe ou may read details about it the upcoming Computer
          > Graphics (CG) Quarterly:
          > www.siggraph.org/publications/newsletter/volume-44-number-4/

          -> To access this part of the site, you need to log in with your user
          name and password.

          :-(