Re: Advanced stitching help needed

  • onezebra1
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 31, 2010
      What I use to do on shots like that when I was using a Canon 10D and then the 20D with a Sigma 8mm lens.
      Tilt the camera pointing down the pole a little, this takes care of the nadir but leaves a hole in the zenith which is usually the sky or something far away and easy to fix.
      With the camera in hand take the zenith shot if needed, use Photoshop to patch the small zenith hole.

      Roger Berry

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew" <conanthedestroya222@...> wrote:

      > Phil,
      >
      > Is there any chance (if you have the time) to explain how you went about taking the pictures for your bridge shot. It's pretty impressive ;-)
      >
      > Do you use one of those painters poles or something similar with a panohead attached to the end?
      >
      > I can't visualize how you would take the pictures e.g camera angle on the pole/head, especially the one that captures yourself in the shot. I read Rogers pointers on pole support.
      >
      > I have a canon 5d MK II, nikkor 10.5mm and Nodal Ninja 5 but that's not going on a pole so I would have to use my old Nikon D80, 10.5mm on a NN3.
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Andrew
    • Phil
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 31, 2010
        Andrew,

        Roger beat me to the reply. Shot from an inverted monopod using a home made L bracket much like Roger's. A Nodal Ninja R1 would work well with your camera & lens.

        Because I had a very small nadir I only needed 4 shots with the Sigma 8mm on a Canon 30D. The pole was aimed at the sky that is easy to patch while holding on to it with one hand. Switch hands and shoot again.

        Using the 10.5mm lens you'll need to shoot with the 5D.

        Phil