Action ...

  • jrgen_schrader
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 31, 2010
      While I recently visited the construction site of a climbing hall which I am documenting for our local Alpenverein (www.bavaria360.de/dav) these guys had start to build the concrete walls and there were all these bright colours in our fall-sun at noon ... I couldn't resist and luckily I carried my 4-shooter with me ;)

      http://bavaria360.de/dav/101029_2.html

      Boy, I couldn't imagine how many things can move in such a short time, hehe. And yes, I know, next time I'll better take care of my shadows ;)

      Enjoy
      Jürgen
    • Ricardo TVB
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 31, 2010
        Very nice pano. I didn't see any ghost but the pano seems a
        little misaligned to me.

        Thanks for sharing,

        Ricardo.

        Em 31/10/2010 16:53, jrgen_schrader escreveu:

        > While I recently visited the construction site of a
        > climbing hall which I am documenting for our local
        > Alpenverein (www.bavaria360.de/dav) these guys had start
        > to build the concrete walls and there were all these
        > bright colours in our fall-sun at noon ... I couldn't
        > resist and luckily I carried my 4-shooter with me ;)
        >
        > http://bavaria360.de/dav/101029_2.html
        >
        > Boy, I couldn't imagine how many things can move in such a
        > short time, hehe. And yes, I know, next time I'll better
        > take care of my shadows ;)
        >
        > Enjoy
        > Jürgen

      • texas360dave
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 31, 2010
          Nice panorama.

          Where is the Safety Engineer ?

          Safety Issues: Men not wearing hard hats, No handrails. Walk board needs toe rails.

          Men are not wearing fall protection devices.
          1 Man are wearing tennis shoes.
          Other man maybe wearing steel toe boots not sure.

          Men near the crane are not wearing hard hats. Jobsite signage should have fence signs saying "Hard Hat Area".

          Vertical reinforcement rod pointing upwards do not have protective caps.

          Do not see industrial fire extinguisher. It might be hiding.

          Construction site needs clean up. Do not see a portable toilet.

          Really nice panorama. Good Job! LOLLL You might show it to the contractors safety inspector.

          > While I recently visited the construction site of a climbing hall which I am documenting for our local Alpenverein (www.bavaria360.de/dav) these guys had start to build the concrete walls and there were all these bright colours in our fall-sun at noon ... I couldn't resist and luckily I carried my 4-shooter with me ;)
          >
          > http://bavaria360.de/dav/101029_2.html
          >
          > Boy, I couldn't imagine how many things can move in such a short time, hehe. And yes, I know, next time I'll better take care of my shadows ;)
          >
          > Enjoy
          > Jürgen

        • prague
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 2, 2010
            Dave,

            It's Germany, not Texas. In Germany, men are men ;-)))

            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "texas360dave" <texas360dave@...> wrote:

            > Nice panorama.
            >
            > Where is the Safety Engineer ?
            >
            > Safety Issues: Men not wearing hard hats, No handrails. Walk board needs toe rails.
            >
            > Men are not wearing fall protection devices.
            > 1 Man are wearing tennis shoes.
            > Other man maybe wearing steel toe boots not sure.
            >
            > Men near the crane are not wearing hard hats. Jobsite signage should have fence signs saying "Hard Hat Area".
            >
            > Vertical reinforcement rod pointing upwards do not have protective caps.
            >
            > Do not see industrial fire extinguisher. It might be hiding.
            >
            > Construction site needs clean up. Do not see a portable toilet.
            >
            > Really nice panorama. Good Job! LOLLL You might show it to the contractors safety inspector.
            >
            > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "jrgen_schrader" <panorama@> wrote:
            > >
            > > While I recently visited the construction site of a climbing hall which I am documenting for our local Alpenverein (www.bavaria360.de/dav) these guys had start to build the concrete walls and there were all these bright colours in our fall-sun at noon ... I couldn't resist and luckily I carried my 4-shooter with me ;)
            > >
            > > http://bavaria360.de/dav/101029_2.html
            > >
            > > Boy, I couldn't imagine how many things can move in such a short time, hehe. And yes, I know, next time I'll better take care of my shadows ;)
            > >
            > > Enjoy
            > > Jürgen

          • Willy Kaemena
            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 2, 2010
              Hi Texas Dave

              all of your concerns are valid and also the rule in Germany. Unfortunately you see these behaviors still quite often on small construction sites and in small companies, where the safety awareness is still not on the required level.
              And yes a panorama is the ideal media to see ALL of these deficiencies and it is easy to spot and point to them.

              For Jürgen: this could be a new business model selling panos for improving the safety on small construction sites.

              Willy

            • PanoToolsNG.10.m8@spamgourmet.com
              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 2, 2010
                Of course you could be shooting yourself in the foot.

                Small construction sites (or any others for that matter) may then be
                reluctant to let people on their site to take photos in future.

                Cheers,
                Darren.

                )
                Message 7 of 11 , Nov 2, 2010
                  Yep, you are all right and when I thought of climbing up there I checked for possible restrictions and when I saw these guys even not wearing hardhats I was sure they wouldn't cuase me trouble :)

                  Regarding the new business I am sure one would make a LOT more money if he approaches these companies for NOT publishing such images. ^^

                  Jürgen

                  --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Willy Kaemena <panokaemena@...> wrote:

                  > Hi Texas Dave
                  >
                  > all of your concerns are valid and also the rule in Germany. Unfortunately you see these behaviors still quite often on small construction sites and in small companies, where the safety awareness is still not on the required level.
                  > And yes a panorama is the ideal media to see ALL of these deficiencies and it is easy to spot and point to them.
                  >
                  > For Jürgen: this could be a new business model selling panos for improving the safety on small construction sites.
                  >
                  > Willy
                  >

                  > On Nov 2, 2010, at 9:50, prague wrote:
                  >

                  > > Dave,
                  > >
                  > > It's Germany, not Texas. In Germany, men are men ;-)))
                  > >
                  > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "texas360dave" <texas360dave@> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > Nice panorama.
                  > > >
                  > > > Where is the Safety Engineer ?
                  > > >
                  > > > Safety Issues: Men not wearing hard hats, No handrails. Walk board needs toe rails.
                  > > >
                  > > > Men are not wearing fall protection devices.
                  > > > 1 Man are wearing tennis shoes.
                  > > > Other man maybe wearing steel toe boots not sure.
                  > > >
                  > > > Men near the crane are not wearing hard hats. Jobsite signage should have fence signs saying "Hard Hat Area".
                  > > >
                  > > > Vertical reinforcement rod pointing upwards do not have protective caps.
                  > > >
                  > > > Do not see industrial fire extinguisher. It might be hiding.
                  > > >
                  > > > Construction site needs clean up. Do not see a portable toilet.
                  > > >
                  > > > Really nice panorama. Good Job! LOLLL You might show it to the contractors safety inspector.

                  > > _,___

                • Matt Smith
                  Message 8 of 11 , Nov 2, 2010
                    I was thinking the same thing. The business model might be best if it
                    was "Not to Publish".

                    Matt Smith
                    PhotoSpherix
                    317.396.5791
                    360 Product Photography
                    Indianapolis, Indiana USA
                    http://www.photospherix.com

                  • Bostjan Burger
                    Message 9 of 11 , Nov 2, 2010
                      I believe that the safety rules are much more strickt in EU than in US. My
                      younger brother went to US to work in a construction company, that was 15 years
                      ago. He was 18 years old and he didn't need to work for a money but for the
                      experience. He was very dissapointed with the safety and working conditions in
                      US in general. Even he had not much experience he worked on a hi altitude and on
                      -20°C. For him the experinece was as coming from the 1st World to 4th World. He
                      was in Brazil later and working there was much more safer.
                      I have been following the construction work in several places and documenting it
                      with VRs. I got a permition only when I agreed to wear a helmet, but the use of
                      helmets was not always strict as it was not always needed...he is the set of
                      VRs: http://www.burger.si/DOGODKI/2009_MesarskiMost/seznam.html.

                      Bostjan

                      ________________________________
                      It's Germany, not Texas. In Germany, men are men ;-)))

                      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "texas360dave" <texas360dave@...> wrote:

                      > Nice panorama.
                      >
                      > Where is the Safety Engineer ?
                      >
                      > Safety Issues: Men not wearing hard hats, No handrails. Walk board needs toe
                      >rails.
                      >

                      > Men are not wearing fall protection devices.
                      > 1 Man are wearing tennis shoes.
                      > Other man maybe wearing steel toe boots not sure.
                      >
                      > Men near the crane are not wearing hard hats. Jobsite signage should have
                      >fence signs saying "Hard Hat Area".
                      >
                      > Vertical reinforcement rod pointing upwards do not have protective caps.
                      >
                      > Do not see industrial fire extinguisher. It might be hiding.
                      >
                      > Construction site needs clean up. Do not see a portable toilet.
                      >
                      > Really nice panorama. Good Job! LOLLL You might show it to the contractors
                      >safety inspector.
                      >
                      > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "jrgen_schrader" <panorama@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > While I recently visited the construction site of a climbing hall which I am
                      >documenting for our local Alpenverein (www.bavaria360.de/dav) these guys had
                      >start to build the concrete walls and there were all these bright colours in our
                      >fall-sun at noon ... I couldn't resist and luckily I carried my 4-shooter with
                      >me ;)
                      > >
                      > > http://bavaria360.de/dav/101029_2.html
                      > >
                      > > Boy, I couldn't imagine how many things can move in such a short time, hehe.
                      >And yes, I know, next time I'll better take care of my shadows ;)
                      > >
                      > > Enjoy
                      > > Jürgen

                    • Wim Koornneef
                      Message 10 of 11 , Nov 2, 2010
                        Hello Jürgen,

                        I fully agree with Dave about the safety issues, I had the same thoughts
                        after the first view of this very nice panorama.
                        I don't think there is a lot of difference about safety regulations between
                        The Netherlands and Germany so I guess it must be an attitude issue of the
                        local builders ....

                        Wim

                      • John Riley
                        Message 11 of 11 , Nov 2, 2010
                          On Oct 31, 2010, at 5:10 PM, texas360dave wrote:

                          > Nice panorama.
                          >
                          > Where is the Safety Engineer ?
                          >
                          > Safety Issues: Men not wearing hard hats, No handrails. Walk board needs toe rails.
                          >
                          > Men are not wearing fall protection devices.
                          > 1 Man are wearing tennis shoes.
                          > Other man maybe wearing steel toe boots not sure.
                          >
                          > Men near the crane are not wearing hard hats. Jobsite signage should have fence signs saying "Hard Hat Area".
                          >
                          > Vertical reinforcement rod pointing upwards do not have protective caps.
                          >
                          > Do not see industrial fire extinguisher. It might be hiding.

                          Well, after all, Germany IS the country that brought us the best "safety" training video EVER! I present to you Staplerfahrer Klaus, Der erste Arbeitstag (Forklift Driver Klaus, First Day on the Job): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVssz2VMJVM If you have ever had to sit through some gruesome training video or driver education shock film, you will appreciate this. Warning: very graphic, but obviously fake special effects. As I understand it, they even managed to get the voice actor used in many real safety videos in Germany, lending an ever better air of verisimilitude. Enjoy!

                          John

                          John Riley
                          johnriley@...
                          (h)864-461-3504