RE: [PanoToolsNG] Samyang 8mm

  • Sacha Griffin
    Message 1 of 62 , Oct 31, 2010
      That's probably the most pointless photo example you could have done.

      It's not full resolution.

      Little to no high contrast elements at your focus range.

      That sendspace.com is a vicious website filled with tricks to make you click
      on junk and pops up pornography in your face.

      If you want to learn how to maximize sharpness, it's time to do some
      experiments to understand your lens and your shooting style.

      Get a tripod, get a controlled environment with controlled lighting and
      subject and take photographs.

      Different shutter speeds, apertures, isos, focus lengths, mirror lock up
      etc. Take notes and compare.

      This will help out all aspects of your photography, rather than some random
      persons advice based on a random photo taken with unknown variables.

      Sacha Griffin

      <http://www.seeit360.net/> http://www.seeit360.net

      <http://twitter.com/SeeIt360> http://twitter.com/SeeIt360

      IM: <mailto:sachagriffin007@...> sachagriffin007@...

      404-551-4275

      Message 62 of 62 , Feb 10, 2014

        Le 9 févr. 2014 à 23:22, <markdfink@...> <markdfink@...> a écrit :

        Absolutely don't trust the focus scales on any of their lenses! I found out the hard way with a 35mm that I rented, and see that both my 14mm and 8mm have the same issues. I used this link to find out how to fix it so that I can reliably use hyperfocal settings when shooting.

        Mark
        Mark, thank you very much for sharing this link.
        I had found by myself the same way to mechanically set the focus scale ring at the correct position. I can confirm that it made me a happy user of the Samyang 14 mm for more than three years now.
        I was inspired by Jeffrey R. Charles who had kindly taught us in 2009 how to solve the problem that similarly affects the Samyang 8 mm f3.5 fisheye lens. It is a simpler fix than for the rectilinear WA though:

        Best regards,

        Michel Thoby