Re: Samyang 8mm

  • Uri
    Message 1 of 62 , Oct 31, 2010
      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, A Kielcz <roblee007@...> wrote:

      > Wonder, if you guys could take a look at this image and let me know.
      > http://www.sendspace.com/file/bwsar5

      Something strange about that image - in Photoshop it opens up in two colours only - magenta and green, and with no detail. I was able to open it in Preview (on the Mac) and it looks under-exposed, but sort of sharp.

      In any case, it's impossible to tell just how sharp it is because of the jpeg compression, that always loses some detail.
    • Michel Thoby
      Message 62 of 62 , Feb 10, 2014

        Le 9 févr. 2014 à 23:22, <markdfink@...> <markdfink@...> a écrit :

        Absolutely don't trust the focus scales on any of their lenses! I found out the hard way with a 35mm that I rented, and see that both my 14mm and 8mm have the same issues. I used this link to find out how to fix it so that I can reliably use hyperfocal settings when shooting.

        Mark
        Mark, thank you very much for sharing this link.
        I had found by myself the same way to mechanically set the focus scale ring at the correct position. I can confirm that it made me a happy user of the Samyang 14 mm for more than three years now.
        I was inspired by Jeffrey R. Charles who had kindly taught us in 2009 how to solve the problem that similarly affects the Samyang 8 mm f3.5 fisheye lens. It is a simpler fix than for the rectilinear WA though:

        Best regards,

        Michel Thoby