Re: FLASH / HTML5 ... yes, again

  • enridp
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 29, 2010
      HTML5 with 3D:
      (quake II)
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhMN0wlITLk&feature=player_embedded

      My teacher told me a long time ago... when there are too many solutions for the same problem, it's because any solution is good enough.

      > OK, it's a nice and impressive demo. Time will tell if that will actually benefit krPano, of if Adobe is using some secret hooks to get that GPU speed boost. They obviously want to sell their authoring software, which doesn't really affect pano shooters.
      >
      > my 2 cents
      >
      > Blochi
      >
      > On Oct 29, 2010, at 10:58 AM, Fernando Costa Pinto wrote:
      >
      > > what a golden silence ..ahahah
      > >
      > > Fernando

    • AYRTON
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 29, 2010
        On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 7:40 PM, enridp <enridp@...> wrote:

        > HTML5 with 3D:
        > (quake II)
        > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhMN0wlITLk&feature=player_embedded

        Holy Gosh
        that's incredible ... all this is HTML5 ?!?

        > My teacher told me a long time ago... when there are too many solutions for
        > the same problem, it's because any solution is good enough.
        >

        > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Christian Bloch <Blochi@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > OK, it's a nice and impressive demo. Time will tell if that will actually
        > benefit krPano, of if Adobe is using some secret hooks to get that GPU speed
        > boost. They obviously want to sell their authoring software, which doesn't
        > really affect pano shooters.
        > >
        > > my 2 cents
        > >
        > > Blochi
        > >
        > > On Oct 29, 2010, at 10:58 AM, Fernando Costa Pinto wrote:
        > >
        > > > what a golden silence ..ahahah
        > > >
        > > > Fernando

        + 55 21 9982 6313 - RIO
        + 55 11 3717 5131 - SP
        http://ayrton360.com
        twitter.com/ayrton360

      • Trausti Hraunfjord
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 29, 2010
          Absolutely incredible... I mean... it is like a dead duck compared to the
          new flash, where things look and feel as good as the best of the best games.

          Why even bring up some 13 year old Quake 2 game and somehow glorify that?
          Is it surprising that HTML5 CAN display something that old and bad?

          Anyways... back to the future.

          HTML5 is going to be good... especially now that Adobe has it in it's
          pockets.

          Trausti