Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: protecting images debate

  • Roger Howard
    Message 1 of 16 , Oct 28, 2010
      On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 11:35 AM, Neil Scott <spiritburner@...> wrote:

      > I use this, works well and you find out where your images are and its easy
      > to use in photoshop https://www.digimarc.com/solutions/images/ the issue
      > is what do you do when you find they have been used against your permission,
      > how deep are your pockets!

      I think Digimarc has lots its market, by and large, to services like
      PicScout or PixID which both provide similar services (continually looking
      for your images online) but don't depend on invisible watermarking - which
      is trivial to defeat - and will find derivatives (other sizes, formats, even
      crops) of your images.

      But none of these services offer protection - they provide after-the-fact
      notification, at best.