Scary Movie

  • Bostjan Burger
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 25, 2010
      Here is a Scarry Movie with shaving Tokina
      10-17: http://www.burger.si/test/BritjeTokine.html
      The resoult was professional look and I had a luck with the sharp sample of the
      lense - seems so.

      Bostjan
    • Paulo Fernandes
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 25, 2010
        Holy crap!!!! That's what I call a close shave ;)

        Com os melhores comprimentos,
        Best Regards,

        Paulo Fernandes
        Multim�dia

        Go Go Pixel - Design, Fotografia e Multim�dia
        Cal�ada do Lidador, 22, 1�Andar
        4480-690 Vila do Conde - Portugal
        Tel. +351 252 119 375 - Fax. +351 252 119 375

        On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 1:51 PM, Bostjan Burger <si_lander@...> wrote:

        > Here is a Scarry Movie with shaving Tokina
        > 10-17: http://www.burger.si/test/BritjeTokine.html
        > The resoult was professional look and I had a luck with the sharp sample of
        > the
        > lense - seems so.
        >
        > Bostjan

      • Rodolpho Pajuaba
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 25, 2010
          That's exactly how I shaved mine, except that I used a drilling
          machine in a vertical holder instead of a grinder. Your way is better!

          2010/10/25 Bostjan Burger <si_lander@...>:
          > Here is a Scarry Movie with shaving Tokina
          > 10-17: http://www.burger.si/test/BritjeTokine.html
          > The resoult was professional look and I had a luck with the sharp sample of the
          > lense - seems so.
          >
          > Bostjan

          Regards,
          --
          Rodolpho Pajuaba
          www.pajuaba.com.br/heterose
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 25, 2010
            På Mon, 25 Oct 2010 15:14:46 +0200, skrev Rodolpho Pajuaba
            <rpajuaba@...>:

            > That's exactly how I shaved mine, except that I used a drilling
            > machine in a vertical holder instead of a grinder. Your way is better!

            Wow!
            What did you use to protect the lens/glass/coating?
            Can't really see any visible protection there?

            --
            Bjørn K Nilssen - http://bknilssen.no - 3D and panoramas.
          • Rodolpho Pajuaba
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 25, 2010
              I saw what you used to protect, it scared me a bit :-) . I don't like
              the idea of sticking things on the surfac of a lens. I glued a paper
              on the inner walls of the lens shade, so that the sparks didn't get to
              the glass - and even if they did the grinded paper avoided them to go
              fast enough to damage it. I wrapped the lens body with kitchen film
              for the same motive. Just to make it clear, I used the same grinding
              disk, but on a drilling machine on a vertical holder, not a drill, ok?

              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 25, 2010
                It was a thin foil which is used to keep a bread or backery fresh. It is
                practical as it can be easily fixed on the lense. You can buy it in grocer's.

                Bostjan

                <rpajuaba@...>:

                > That's exactly how I shaved mine, except that I used a drilling
                > machine in a vertical holder instead of a grinder. Your way is better!

                Wow!
                What did you use to protect the lens/glass/coating?
                Can't really see any visible protection there?
              • Phil
                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 25, 2010
                  Bostjan,

                  You're movie put me in the Halloween spirit. I didn't make a movie but I did take scary pictures when I finished.

                  http://www.flickr.com/photos/philwarner/5116347905/lightbox/
                  http://www.flickr.com/photos/philwarner/5116993448/lightbox/

                  It took me about an hour to prep, 30 minutes to cut (while holding on to the lens with a death grip) and another 30 minutes to clean it up.

                  Phil

                  > Here is a Scarry Movie with shaving Tokina
                  > 10-17: http://www.burger.si/test/BritjeTokine.html
                  > The resoult was professional look and I had a luck with the sharp sample of the
                  > lense - seems so.
                  >
                  > Bostjan

                • Trausti Hraunfjord
                  Message 8 of 9 , Oct 25, 2010
                    I have often thought about how to make a shave... and I would have gone for
                    a dremel... a small high quality/high speed one... seeing this huge
                    "car-cutter" ... really made me nervous... I have seen many horror movies
                    that didn't scare me as much as this one!

                    Trausti

                  • paul womack
                    Message 9 of 9 , Oct 26, 2010
                      Bostjan Burger wrote:
                      > Here is a Scarry Movie with shaving Tokina
                      > 10-17: http://www.burger.si/test/BritjeTokine.html
                      > The resoult was professional look and I had a luck with the sharp sample of the
                      > lense - seems so.

                      What is the pivot for the chuck?

                      BugBear