Pano viewers for iPod Touch / accessing - getting content onto

  • LoveFilm
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 24, 2010
      I'll be shooting some event panos that client wants to put on an iPod touch, which they are giving to each of their guests.

      While I am cursorily aware of some of pano viewers for that device, I haven't seen what they look like or how they perform (I'll be getting an iPod touch for testing purposes shortly).

      Can anyone share their experience and tell me what viewers might be the easiest to access and view panos on?

      If the content can not be loaded at the time the iPods are given to the guests, what's the best method of delivering panos to their devices at a later time. They may not have internet connection on the iPods, so is there an easy way they can download the content to their computers and then transfer it to the iPod?

      Content delivery is a big issue with client as they want it as simple and straight forward as possible.

      Thanks!
    • Hans
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 24, 2010
        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "LoveFilm" <lovefilm@...> wrote:

        > I'll be shooting some event panos that client wants to put on an iPod touch, which they are giving to each of their guests.
        >
        > While I am cursorily aware of some of pano viewers for that device, I haven't seen what they look like or how they perform (I'll be getting an iPod touch for testing purposes shortly).
        >
        > Can anyone share their experience and tell me what viewers might be the easiest to access and view panos on?
        >
        > If the content can not be loaded at the time the iPods are given to the guests, what's the best method of delivering panos to their devices at a later time. They may not have internet connection on the iPods, so is there an easy way they can download the content to their computers and then transfer it to the iPod?
        >
        > Content delivery is a big issue with client as they want it as simple and straight forward as possible.

        Check Pangea VR
        http://www.pangeasoft.net/pano/pangeavr/index.html

        Hans
      • Henri Smeets
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 24, 2010
          Hi Lovefilm,

          Nice project!!

          There are indeed some offline viewers for the iPod (and iPhone/iPad) the
          problem is that pre-installing requires 'activiating/registering' each iPod,
          usually done by the owner.

          The other option is to 'guide' the owners to an online version of the
          Panorama, possibly made with Pano2VR, KRPano or VR5 (or others probably).

          Having no internet connection more or less excludes the use(fulness) of
          iPods. A bit like my father who wants a digital camera but does not want to
          use a computer.

          I would suggest to offer both the online and offline option and document
          both well so the people can still choose what to do. Not the perfect
          solution maybe but OK. Also adding a iTunes giftcard helps people actually
          getting to buy a viewer app!
        • LoveFilm
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 24, 2010
            Pretty much more or less what I advised the client.

            But would the company purchasing the iPods be able to activate them and download the necessary software while still leaving the devices open for their guests to register with later?