doritos 360 video

  • Jeffrey Martin | 360Cities.net
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 22, 2010
      pano video has gotten to the youtube channel for doritos.

      i'd say we're getting closer to the mainstream :)

      http://www.youtube.com/doritosuk

      Jeffrey Martin
      tel. +420 608 076 502 / skype jeffrey.s.martin

      www.360cities.net - The world's best panoramic photography
      See us on the BBC
      http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/click_online/8176497.stm
      See us on WIRED www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2009/12/panoramic-photo-prague/

    • Christian Bloch
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 22, 2010
        Wow, that was awesome. Thanks for the link.

        Apparently YouTube integrated a player called YellowBird. Here's more on that:
        http://www.yellowbirdsdonthavewingsbuttheyflytomakeyouexperiencea3dreality.com/news/

        That must be the most insane domain names ever, only to be topped by
        http://www.scheisseaufderkirchturmspitzeschmilztherabbeigrosserhitze.de/

        ;)

      • Bjørn K Nilssen
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 22, 2010
          På Fri, 22 Oct 2010 18:58:00 +0200, skrev Christian Bloch
          <Blochi@...>:

          > Wow, that was awesome. Thanks for the link.
          >
          > Apparently YouTube integrated a player called YellowBird. Here's more on
          > that:
          > http://www.yellowbirdsdonthavewingsbuttheyflytomakeyouexperiencea3dreality.com/news/
          >
          > That must be the most insane domain names ever, only to be topped by
          > http://www.scheisseaufderkirchturmspitzeschmilztherabbeigrosserhitze.de/
          >
          > ;)

          I wonder why that made me think of Monty Python and their .... von Ulm
          person ? ;)

          --
          Bjørn K Nilssen - http://bknilssen.no - 3D and panoramas.
        • afrenyo
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 22, 2010
            When I first asked ptgrey about yellobird in may, 2009, they said:
            "Point Grey takes the privacy of our customers very seriously, and has a longstanding policy of maintaining confidentiality with respect to customer names. As such, Point Grey is not able to comment on your question regarding Yellow Bird. Point Grey employees can disclose customer names only in those cases where both the customer and Point Grey mutually agree to do so, such as for magazine or newsletter articles."

            I also read this about the dorito campaign:
            "Doritos' newest flavors, "Tantalising Tikka" and "BBQ Rib" get a 360-degree push in the U.K. component of the brand's new Late Night campaign, promoting new chip tastes inspired by classic after hours foods. AMV BBDO recruited director Chris Cairns to shoot an interactive video for "Coming to Get Me," an exclusive track written and performed by British rapper Professor Green. Viewers can click on the clip to see the goings on from every angle. The explorable video will also soon be available on the iPhone."
            (http://creativity-online.com/work/doritos-late-night-360-degree-video/21627)

            "The "Late Night" campaign is Doritos' first ever global promotion and was created out of Goodby, Silverstein & Partners. Additional components of the effort include a Rihanna AR music video, created out of Goodby with production company Hi-Res."

            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUywpTGwRAo

            -andras
            http://www.panoramablog.com
            http://sziget360.com

            > Wow, that was awesome. Thanks for the link.
            >
            > Apparently YouTube integrated a player called YellowBird. Here's more on that:
            > http://www.yellowbirdsdonthavewingsbuttheyflytomakeyouexperiencea3dreality.com/news/
            >
            > That must be the most insane domain names ever, only to be topped by
            > http://www.scheisseaufderkirchturmspitzeschmilztherabbeigrosserhitze.de/
            >
            > ;)

          • Chuck
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 23, 2010
              Hi Jeffrey.
              Way Cool
              But where is any info on the camera?
              I only found one paragraph describing it, and no info on where to get one.
              Anybody have more info please?

              --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Jeffrey Martin | 360Cities.net" <360cities@...> wrote:

              > pano video has gotten to the youtube channel for doritos.
              >
              > i'd say we're getting closer to the mainstream :)

            • Scott Witte
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 24, 2010
                On 10/22/2010 8:54 PM, afrenyo wrote:
                > When I first asked ptgrey about yellobird in may, 2009, they said:
                Looks like a Ladybug2 to me:

                http://www.yellowbirdsdonthavewingsbuttheyflytomakeyouexperiencea3dreality.com/about/corporate_story

                We've been watching Ladybugs in action for years. These guys are
                actually using it commercially and creatively. Their marketing and
                business approach can teach us all a lot.

                --
                Scott Witte

                <http://www.scottwitte.com>
                <http://www.tourdeforce360.com>
                414.345.9660
                Member, IVRPA

              • Bostjan Burger
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 24, 2010
                  The products seems to be fine but the Ptgrey as a company is not flexible and
                  fast enought from my point of view. I wanted to buy a Ladybug 3 last December,
                  that was about 11 months ago. As I wanted to test the device at least for a a
                  couple of hours, I even wanted to fly to Canada but they redirected me to their
                  office in Stuttgart. Great! I made a phone call there and ask if I may come
                  there the very next day... heh... the answer was that they don't keep devices in
                  stock - not even one. I am still waiting their phone call or at least mail since
                  then... but I don't have enthusiasm anymore to bother with the 360 video at the
                  moment... maybe some other day (lol)...

                  ;) Bostjan