Critical bug?

  • Bostjan Burger
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 22, 2010
      I have received a report about the strange behavior of my new project panos. So
      far only one but I wish to be clear with the situation.

      Here is the report: »There's a critical bug with the site you link to below. If
      I try view a panorama something causes the Flash player to quit within the
      browser. I've never seen this before. It makes it impossible for me to view any
      of the panos.”

      I usually run every of my project through the e-learning programe so at least
      300 different PCs ran the mentioned panos – so far with no error report.
      Can you please check the project and report the crashes? Here is the link to my
      project: http://www.burger.si/Litija/Levstik/uvod_ENG.html or directly with the
      starter pano: http://www.burger.si/Litija/Levstik/01.html and then follow the
      red hotspot with the white foot.
      As the standard internet access in my country is at least 20/20 Mb/s or 7 Mb/s
      wireless I didn't bother with the pano sizes (in this case the base panorama
      size was 10800x5400) - I am pragmatic: if I as a creator invest in a new
      technollogy than the users can invest too - if not their bad luck ;)

      Background story about the project: it was a one day walk from the early, foggy
      morning which started in a town Litija and ended after 22 km of walk in
      settlement Catez just catching the sun set. I shot most of the panos with the 4
      m high pole (Canon MKII + Tokina set at 12 mm). Every location was georeferenced
      with the Garmin 62s – the blue track and the profile of the trail displays my
      route. All panos was stiched with the batch builder and stitched automatically.
      The nadir and zenith were patched automatically too. The next day when the
      stitching and patching was with the process, I was hiking somewhere else ;)
      The very next day the project as you can see it was published.

      Thanks!

      Bostjan