What's a Gigapixel?

  • Christian Bloch
    Message 1 of 49 , Oct 18, 2010
      Is it 1000 or 1024 Megapixel?

      Personally, I'm not afraid labeling a crisp and clear 500 Megapixel pano as Gigapixel, but I was just wondering what's the official definition.

      Blochi
    • Bostjan Burger
      Message 49 of 49 , Aug 31, 2012
        I am currently working with a gigapix documentation of Alps in my area... the final results are 1.28 Gpix panoramas ready to be projected to VRPs,...but can I really say that is a true "gigapix"? Half of the panorama is useless information of the blue sky. I would like to have a cylindrical VRP but the "fashion" is spherical,.. so..., to pleasure the public I am using my server place and bandwith with the useless zenit.

        ;) Bostjan