Waay OT: re: This will give physics students nightmares....

  • John Riley
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 18, 2010
      Wearing my panographer hat: Hmm... pretty! Speaking with my physicist hat on, I have to say that is really fascinating 8-) I especially appreciated the last one with the colliding droplets from the viewpoint of momentum conservation and energy. The vibrational modes of the combined drop were interesting and simultaneously remind me of the liquid drop model of the nucleus, nuclear fusion, and the different multipolarities of giant nuclear resonances. Nice visualization for me, even if not entirely analogous 8-)

      Thanks for the break from our regularly scheduled programming!

      John

      John Riley
      johnriley@...
      (h)864-461-3504