Re: [PanoToolsNG] LCD Colour Calibration and Uninstalling Adobe Gamma

  • Philipp B. Koch
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 16, 2010
      Roger D. Williams schrieb:
      > (...)
      >
      > Can anyone please tell me how to uninstall this program?
      Hi Roger,

      If I remember correctly, you're using Windows, right? It's actually much
      easier than that: You don't have to uninstall it (which is not all that
      simple), but you only have to prevent it from starting up. This is done
      by removing the Adobe Gamma Loader from the startup folder. See
      Colovison's hint on that:
      http://support.datacolor.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=1246&nav=0,72,78,80.
      In case that doesn't work out the way it should, you can hit
      <WINDOWS-KEY> + <R>, type "msconfig" nad hit enter, choose the second
      top heading from the right ("Startup") or similar, don't know cause I'm
      using it in German) and uncheck the Adobe Gamma Loader. Next time you
      restart your system, there will be a window asking you if everything is
      OK with the changed system configuration; you press "Yes, don't show
      this question again", and you'r egood to go.

      Best regards, Philipp