Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Rockefeller Center Tree lighting pano

  • Fulvio Senore
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 5 12:02 AM
      Pat Swovelin ha scritto:
      >> Output to layered PSD, you can then edit the layer masks to manually
      >> choose where the
      >> images overlap - if there is enough overlap between the images you can
      >> usually find a
      >> point where you don't end up with half people. Smartblend can do some
      >> of this
      >> automatically.
      >>

      > When doing crowd panos is it better to use Smartblend vs. PTGui's blender?

      Yes, I am using it and it does a much better job of placing seams around
      heads instead if cutting them in half.

      Here is an example:

      http://www.fsoft.it/temp/Seghino.htm

      I purposely put it online some time ago without manual editing, it is the direct smartblend output.
      I took 13 shots at 28mm eq while people was moving: the other blenders' result is much worse. Here there are many errors (of course), but they are much less visible. Other blenders cut flag poles, for example.

      Fulvio Senore