Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: First panos

  • Ensign Redshirt
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 5, 2006
      Thanks for the Constructive comments guys.

      Regarding aperture, in hindsight, it was a bit out, i
      shot at F8, unecessary really, i'm still getting used
      to the differences between the DOF of the fisheye
      compared to a regular rectilinear lens.

      I too thought the pics were a bit soft, but had
      struggled to keep the sharpness/detail while keeping a
      web friendly filesize.

      I have just re-done both panos, managed to get them
      much sharper, and at less than half the previous size.
      I was trying to control file size by keeping the
      source equirectangular image small, instead of
      reducing it for quicktime. It's all a learning curve,
      and as long as they/I get better, it's all good.

      These are the revised versions.

      http://members.iinet.net.au/~canison/perthcity2.mov
      http://members.iinet.net.au/~canison/kpmemorial2.mov
      1.2mb, and 1mb respectively.
      Much lower and the sky starts to get very banded.

      Better?