Any news on Canon 8-15 zoom fisheye?

  • 1drey
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 8, 2010
      I need to add a diagonal fisheye to my shaved Sigma 10, just curious if 8-15 will be available soon enough.

      If this lens is so good as it can be (expected), I would prefer to wait a bit and grab 8-15 instead of adding a second fisheye.

      BTW, did anybody manage to produce a set of sample images with this lens mounted on 5D MkII at passed Photokina?

      BR,
      Andrey
    • Thomas Bredenfeld
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 8, 2010
        at photokina canon showed a single hands-on-preview-copy just to have a
        look through the viewfinder.

        inserting own cards, attaching own bodies was strictly prohibited.

        there are still no sample images available from canon.

        all you can see is this :-(
        http://usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/cameras/ef_lens_lineup/ef_8_15mm_f_4l_fisheye_usm

        the waiting goes on...

        thomas

        1drey schrieb:

        > I need to add a diagonal fisheye to my shaved Sigma 10, just curious
        > if 8-15 will be available soon enough.
        >
        > If this lens is so good as it can be (expected), I would prefer to
        > wait a bit and grab 8-15 instead of adding a second fisheye.
        >
        > BTW, did anybody manage to produce a set of sample images with this
        > lens mounted on 5D MkII at passed Photokina?
        >
        > BR, Andrey

      • jrgen_schrader
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 8, 2010
          Canon will have a roadshow here in November. Maybe ...

          Jürgen

          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "1drey" <ilyin1drey@...> wrote:

          > I need to add a diagonal fisheye to my shaved Sigma 10, just curious if 8-15 will be available soon enough.
          >
          > If this lens is so good as it can be (expected), I would prefer to wait a bit and grab 8-15 instead of adding a second fisheye.
          >
          > BTW, did anybody manage to produce a set of sample images with this lens mounted on 5D MkII at passed Photokina?
          >
          > BR,
          > Andrey

        • Matthew Rogers
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 8, 2010
            Canon have already said January 2011 at the earliest and it's been posted on the list 2-3 times as well.

            Matt

            On 8 Oct 2010, at 11:39, 1drey wrote:

            > I need to add a diagonal fisheye to my shaved Sigma 10, just curious if 8-15 will be available soon enough.
            >
            > If this lens is so good as it can be (expected), I would prefer to wait a bit and grab 8-15 instead of adding a second fisheye.
            >
            > BTW, did anybody manage to produce a set of sample images with this lens mounted on 5D MkII at passed Photokina?
            >
            > BR,
            > Andrey

          • 1drey
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 9, 2010
              It's a pity.
              Why can't Canon share a set of sample images?

              Rumors about Nikon D800 makes me stay on both platforms - I still keep D300 and an array of 'normal' lenses and flashes and etc. + got 5DMkII with Sigama 10 and the only straight lens 50mm.

              8-15 can shift a balance :)

              > at photokina canon showed a single hands-on-preview-copy just to have a
              > look through the viewfinder.
              >
              > inserting own cards, attaching own bodies was strictly prohibited.
              >
              > there are still no sample images available from canon.
              >
              > all you can see is this :-(
              > http://usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/cameras/ef_lens_lineup/ef_8_15mm_f_4l_fisheye_usm
              >
              > the waiting goes on...
              >
              > thomas