virtual tour

  • Ned Chiariello
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 6, 2010
      I would like to share a virtual tour I just completed of the retirement resort where I live. I still have to reshoot the pro shop which is closed right now while they are reseeding the course but outside of that it is done. Living here as I do I'll probably update it from time to time when changes are made and when the opportunity arrises where I can possibly make it more interesting.

      http://web.mac.com/panophoto/Site/Tour.html
    • John Houghton
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 6, 2010
        Ned, You've managed to shoot a nicely comprehensive set of panoramas. Some of the skies suffer quite badly from what I presume are HDR processing artifacts. Perhaps the worst is the one taken outside the sports bar, with major halos at the skyline. Maybe try fusion blending to see if improved results can be obtained. I had problems with a recent panorama but finally got a decent result with the new Oloneo program (available on free trial from www.oloneo.com ). The images were blended before stitching with PTGui and there isn't yet a batch facility, so it was a bit laborious. See:

        http://www.johnhpanos.com/combe-m.swf

        John

        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 6, 2010
          Thanks for the feedback I'll redoing those HDR panoramas. I took them a year ago right after I purchased Photomatix Pro, they where initially meant as just practice. By the way I forgot to say where I live, I'm just outside of Phoenix Arizona.

          On Oct 6, 2010, at 12:01 PM, John Houghton wrote:

          > Ned, You've managed to shoot a nicely comprehensive set of panoramas. Some of the skies suffer quite badly from what I presume are HDR processing artifacts. Perhaps the worst is the one taken outside the sports bar, with major halos at the skyline. Maybe try fusion blending to see if improved results can be obtained. I had problems with a recent panorama but finally got a decent result with the new Oloneo program (available on free trial from www.oloneo.com ). The images were blended before stitching with PTGui and there isn't yet a batch facility, so it was a bit laborious. See:
          >
          > http://www.johnhpanos.com/combe-m.swf
          >
          > John
          >
          > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Ned Chiariello <panophoto@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > I would like to share a virtual tour I just completed of the retirement resort where I live. I still have to reshoot the pro shop which is closed right now while they are reseeding the course but outside of that it is done. Living here as I do I'll probably update it from time to time when changes are made and when the opportunity arrises where I can possibly make it more interesting.
          > >
          > > http://web.mac.com/panophoto/Site/Tour.html

        • Ricardo TVB
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 6, 2010
            "when the opportunity arrises where I can possibly make it
            more interesting."

            It's already very interesting. Congratulations and thanks
            for sharing!

            From Rio,

            Ricardo Araújo

            Em 06/10/2010 15:14, Ned Chiariello escreveu:
            > when the opportunity arrises where I can possibly make it
            > more interesting.
          • L.D.I. Felipe B. González
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 6, 2010
              Nice Panos Ned!

              --
              L.D.I. Felipe B. González C.
              felipe@...

            • L.D.I. Felipe B. González
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 6, 2010
                Hi Ned,

                Have you ever considered having your neighbors posing in your panos? My wife
                just saw them and thinks that it would be a nice way to show your relatives
                your town.

                Best regards from the subtropical regions of Mexico

                2010/10/6 Ned Chiariello <panophoto@...>

                > Thanks for the feedback I'll redoing those HDR panoramas. I took them a
                > year ago right after I purchased Photomatix Pro, they where initially meant
                > as just practice. By the way I forgot to say where I live, I'm just outside
                > of Phoenix Arizona.
                >
                > On Oct 6, 2010, at 12:01 PM, John Houghton wrote:
                >
                > > Ned, You've managed to shoot a nicely comprehensive set of panoramas.
                > Some of the skies suffer quite badly from what I presume are HDR processing
                > artifacts. Perhaps the worst is the one taken outside the sports bar, with
                > major halos at the skyline. Maybe try fusion blending to see if improved
                > results can be obtained. I had problems with a recent panorama but finally
                > got a decent result with the new Oloneo program (available on free trial
                > from www.oloneo.com ). The images were blended before stitching with PTGui
                > and there isn't yet a batch facility, so it was a bit laborious. See:
                > >
                > > http://www.johnhpanos.com/combe-m.swf
                > >
                > > John
                > >
                > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Ned Chiariello <panophoto@...>
                > wrote:
                > > >
                > > > I would like to share a virtual tour I just completed of the retirement
                > resort where I live. I still have to reshoot the pro shop which is closed
                > right now while they are reseeding the course but outside of that it is
                > done. Living here as I do I'll probably update it from time to time when
                > changes are made and when the opportunity arrises where I can possibly make
                > it more interesting.
                > > >
                > > > http://web.mac.com/panophoto/Site/Tour.html

                L.D.I. Felipe B. González C.
                felipe@...
                1998-5246
                www.fpk.com.mx

              • Briar
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 8, 2010
                  Just a comment on HDR and the new Photomatix Pro 4...a real jump from the
                  last release. Being able to view the effects of different tone changes
                  quickly is very helpful, and the ability to remove artefacts improved as
                  well. Has my vote!!