I need help to select a nice fish eye lens for a canon t2i

  • felipe
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 5, 2010
      Hi, recently I got a canon t2i camera, now I would like to buy a nice lens to produce aerial 360 panoramas

      the possible lenses will be:
      *sigma 10mm
      *vivitar 7 mm
      * rokinon 8mm
      * canon 10-22 mm

      I prefer to get a rectangular image on the sensor than a circular image over the sensor, this is by that I hope to get the maximum image size, also nice quality, I mean no chromatic aberration and nice definition

      So please, show me panoramic images samples of this lenses on APS-C sensors and experiences with it

      Until now I made some aerial 360 with a sony alpha 350 with a sony 11-22 lens

      You will find examples on my site www.aeronauticaavanzada.com

      Regards

      Juan
    • L.D.I. Felipe B. González
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 6, 2010
        Hola Juan!

        2010/10/5 felipe <felipe_ing@...>

        > Hi, recently I got a canon t2i camera, now I would like to buy a nice lens
        > to produce aerial 360 panoramas
        >
        > the possible lenses will be:
        > *sigma 10mm
        > *vivitar 7 mm
        > * rokinon 8mm
        > * canon 10-22 mm
        >
        > I´ve used a Peleng 8mm for pole panoramas (25m height) with a Canon Rebel.
        It´s a nice lens for APS-C sensors. Here is the link to an example:
        http://www.recorridosvirtuales.com/demo_altura/altura.html
        For most of my panos I use a Tokina 10-17, which is a lighter lens.

        The Peleng is a heavy lens, but I like it because it leaves a very small
        nadir and zenit holes (small enough to cover by cloning in most cases). I
        can provide you an example if you like.

        At which height do you shoot panos with your helicopter? I´d like to ask you
        a few technical questions, could I mail you off list?

        Saludos desde las regiones subtropicales de México.

        --
        L.D.I. Felipe B. González C.
        felipe@...

      • felipe
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 6, 2010
          Hi Felipe, (my complete name is Juan Felipe :-) a nice coincidence ¡¡¡

          Thanks a lot for your response, is so useful

          I usually fly at 100 m / 300 ft

          yes please send me an email.

          Regards

          Juan Felipe