Re: Pano2QTVR and overlays

  • yuval_levy
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 11, 2006
      Hi Thomas,
      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "wuuuz_144" <yahoo@...> wrote:
      > > I need to put an overlay over a QTVR.
      > >
      > > Is there a way to achieve this with Pano2QTVR?
      >
      > Yes! Just go to "Additional Sprites" click "Add", select the file you
      > want (JPEG, GIF, PNG, SWF what ever), check visible and position it
      > where ever you want.

      It works, but not exactly as intended. Tried with a 24bit PNG with
      transparency. The image is there but the transparency is... ehehm...
      very weird with some colors from the old background and stripes from
      the foreground.

      I tried with "transparent" and with "copy" as blend option. Any idea?

      MfG, Yuv
    • Thomas Rauscher
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 11, 2006
        Hello yuv,

        on Wednesday, July 12, 2006, 00:17:08 you wrote:

        >> > I need to put an overlay over a QTVR.
        >> > Is there a way to achieve this with Pano2QTVR?
        >> Yes! Just go to "Additional Sprites" click "Add", select the file you
        >> want (JPEG, GIF, PNG, SWF what ever), check visible and position it
        >> where ever you want.

        y> It works, but not exactly as intended. Tried with a 24bit PNG with
        y> transparency. The image is there but the transparency is... ehehm...
        y> very weird with some colors from the old background and stripes from
        y> the foreground.

        y> I tried with "transparent" and with "copy" as blend option. Any idea?

        I guess the transparent PNG is not working correct. A good way to do
        this things is to choose a color key for your overlay image, than set
        the blend mode to "transparent" and choose this color in the Color
        box.

        A small example:

        - draw the overlay image with white background
        - save it without alpha channel as PNG
        - import this image into Pano2QTVR as "additional sprite"
        - Check "visible"
        - Move the rectangle to the position where you want to have the image
        - Set blend mode to "transparent"
        - Select white in the "color" box

        that's it!

        I hope this helps.

        MfG,
        Thomas.
      • yuval levy
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 11, 2006
          Thanks Thomas, it worked - more or less. It left a one
          pixel border in the background color of the overlay
          and I guess the problem was with the PNG 8 bit alpha
          channel.

          Also I would have a few useability suggestions /
          feature requests:

          1. Zoom: when setting up for fullscreen, the white
          surface representing the movies overlaps the window
          size. when scrolling I sometimes do not see the sprite
          placement. A zoom factor to fit it all in the window
          would be highly appreciated.

          2. Coordinates references - currently it is from the
          left/top. how about adding a checkbox next to each of
          the number to determine whether it should be from the
          left or the right, and from the top or the bottom?

          3. Width/height: how about reading initial values as
          the W/H of the loaded graphic? most people will want
          to use that, I suspect, for a different value will
          result in weird stretching and it is easier to deal
          with the dimension of the overlay in photoshop.

          Thank you very much for this great tool and your fast
          and friendly support!

          Yuv

          http://mail.yahoo.com