Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: bracketed shots

  • Ned Chiariello
    Message 1 of 55 , Oct 4, 2010
      No, I just want programable flexibility. I'll have to look into Promote Control however I don't need something else to tote. I thought Nikon's limit to bracketing was five times, I'll take another look.

      On Oct 4, 2010, at 9:50 AM, Hans wrote:

      > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Ned Chiariello <panophoto@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > I want a SLR that will bracket automatically as many as nine times. I want bracket flexibility, to be able to set the camera to bracket twice, one at 1/30 and one at 1/500. Am I the only one?
      > >

      > '
      > I think you need to explain that.
      >
      > 1/3 to 1/500 is 4EV?
      >
      > I suppose you do not mean that you should take 9 with 4EV between.
      >
      > Hans

    • paul womack
      Message 55 of 55 , Oct 19, 2010
        Sacha Griffin wrote:
        > True.
        >
        > I think most images where you know its HDR fall into the abuse category and
        > usually the images that you go WOW on, it's hard to say whether it was hdr
        > or just great lighting.
        >
        > In my experience, I've gotten a little bit better results after a lot of
        > tonemapping fiddling nearly all the time compared to exposure fusion.
        >
        > However, I still use exposure fusion + manual tonemapping because I can chew
        > through the process extremely quickly due to a tight workflow.

        Since exposure fusion result in an LDR image (that's the point of it)
        I don't see what you're applying your tonemapping to.
        Which tonemapping algorithm do you prefer?

        (e.g. http://www.mpi-inf.mpg.de/resources/tmo/#implemented)

        Could you expand a little?

        BugBear