Re: AW: AW: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Hyperfocal setting for Tokina/Pentax 10-17mm fisheye

  • Roger D. Williams
    Message 1 of 22 , Oct 3, 2010
      Thanks again, Mike.

      On Mon, 04 Oct 2010 00:56:42 +0900, ptgroup <ptgroup@...> wrote:

      > Roger,
      > Flemming Larsen did some really meaningful test which you can find here:
      >
      > http://www.fvlmedia.dk/tokina107/dof.htm

      Yes, these are the best kind of tests. Actual photographs in something
      like normal use. Very informative.

      > Yes, the focus scale of the atx is a joke, but I taped it as I said at
      > the first 0 of 00 and all came out good @ F11-F16.

      Two comments on that. First, I was surprised to see how comparatively
      little softening of the image there was at F/16 and even F/22 (although
      it is obvious, it is not excessive). Second, the Pentax focus scale is
      so different that "the first 0 or 00" doesn't mean anything.

      My problem is that the optimum seems to be at 1.5m or 2.0m, both of
      which come between the infinity mark and the 0.5m mark, so my nice long
      Pentax focusing scale is no help at all! At the moment I cam getting
      satisfactory results at F/11 with the setting midway between the 0.5m
      mark and the infinity mark.

      > At least as far as I could judge them, which could be insufficiant.

      It is your judgment that matters. If it's too close to call, it's good
      enough!

      Roger W.

      --
      Business: www.adex-japan.com