Old Harvard University Panos from Virtual Tour

  • quantumvr2003
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 3, 2010
      This weekend I am going to see the "Social Connection" about
      Mark Zuckerberg and the complex story of Facebook's creation at
      Harvard University in 2004.

      In 1998/1999 I shot and produced about 80 panoramas that
      would be included in the first Harvard University virtual tour.
      That was a long time ago, when we shot on film, used AOL
      dial up, and Quick VR Authoring Studio. Of course, that
      was a few years before Facebook, and Zuckerberg, et. al.

      I dug out some old CD's with a few panoramas from the Harvard
      Virtual Tour. The project was my first real introduction to VR,
      and I tried just about everything tool/technique available, and made
      every mistake possible. I remember using the
      the BeHere, reflective dome system, but the results were awful,
      and explaining the shiny dome object to curious on lookers took lots of time.

      The tour is no longer on line, but it was up for several years.

      http://gallery.me.com/quantumvr#100022

      Mike Quan