Re: Talk about perfect timing...

  • Darren
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 30, 2010

      > I just sold my little Fuji compact last week. Today I got a ridiculously
      > good price on an fc-e8. I just put in a stupid low bid that I knew wouldn't
      > win the fisheye -- wait for it -- I won it!
      >
      > Anybody have a cheap LX3 for sale -- I mean CHEAP?

      I didn't realize that it was practical for the FC-E8 to attach to anything other than the original Nikon Coolpix line! I own two of those fisheyes myself -- one I bought at full price, and the other I got as part of a 'combo' CP4500 package that a guy was selling on eBay years ago. I have stopped using it for panos, but it is still a great fisheye lens for making 'full-sky' (cloud) movies at 720p or 1080p.
    • Ken Warner
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 30, 2010
        It can work. Depends on the lens and the camera attached to.
        I had a similar fisheye attachment lens on my Fuji e900. Wasn't
        a great image. Soft and a fair amount of roll off at the edges.
        But I could get a half way reasonable result if I worked at post
        processing long enough.

        http://pancyl.com/McLeodLake.html

        6 + Z + N with a Soligor/IPIX fisheye.

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 30, 2010

          > It can work. Depends on the lens and the camera attached to.
          > I had a similar fisheye attachment lens on my Fuji e900. Wasn't
          > a great image. Soft and a fair amount of roll off at the edges.
          > But I could get a half way reasonable result if I worked at post
          > processing long enough.
          >
          > http://pancyl.com/McLeodLake.html
          >
          > 6 + Z + N with a Soligor/IPIX fisheye.

          Very nice pano! I never did anything except 'circular fisheye' panos with my FC-E8 (2 or 3 shots total), so I never got the hi-res that you did with your '6+Z+N' stuff :)