Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Canon 16-35mm at 35mm

  • Isaac Garcia
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 30, 2010
      What're the NPP measurements for the Zeiss? I'm curious to know how they
      compare to the 16-35 (one being a zoom an the other a prime).

      Cheers.

      Sent from HTC Hero. Please excuse typos.

      On Sep 30, 2010 7:40 AM, "jrgen_schrader" <panorama@...> wrote:

      I do a lot of sphericals with 35mm and the best lens so far is my old Zeiss
      Distagon 35/2,8 which you can get pretty cheap on ebay.

      I shoot 3 rows of 12 +z +n. The horizontal overlap is quite enough because
      there is little vignetting. Only with the zenith shot I sometimes get a
      visible seem in blue skies which can be a pain to retouch. But I am always
      to lazy to shoot more images ;)

      I should try to take one of those indoors, the level of detail is amazing
      and the DOF could be enough to get everything sharp on normal tripod heights
      without stacking.

      Cheers
      Jürgen

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Bostjan Burger <si_lander@...> wrote: >
      > Andrew, it is a goo...

    • jrgen_schrader
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 30, 2010
        Well, I don't have absolute numbers, but I can say that it's in the front quarter of the lens.