Canon 16-35mm at 35mm

  • Andrew Bodrov
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 27, 2010
      Hi all!

      Just got new lens Canon EF 16-35mm F2,8 L II USM and shoot my
      contribution to the WWP0910 at The House of Estonian Puppetry Arts:

      http://360pano.eu/show/?id=548

      309 source images ( +2 0 -2 brackets for HDR). Final image resolution
      is 33308x16654 px

      Cheers,

      Andrew Bodrov @ http://360pano.eu
    • Ormar
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 27, 2010
        Congratulations Andrew. It's amazing in it's details.

        Ormar

        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Bodrov <rey@...> wrote:

        > Hi all!
        >
        > Just got new lens Canon EF 16-35mm F2,8 L II USM and shoot my
        > contribution to the WWP0910 at The House of Estonian Puppetry Arts:
        >
        > http://360pano.eu/show/?id=548
        >
        > 309 source images ( +2 0 -2 brackets for HDR). Final image resolution
        > is 33308x16654 px
        >

        > Cheers,
        >
        > Andrew Bodrov @ http://360pano.eu

      • Trausti Hraunfjord
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 27, 2010
          Very nice! I can see that I will be very happy with that lens when I get
          it.

          What is the camera behind the lens?

          Trausti

        • Andrew Bodrov
          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 27, 2010
            Hi Trausti!

            It's 5D MkII on NN5

            Tuesday, September 28, 2010, 7:18:56 AM, you wrote:

            > Very nice! I can see that I will be very happy with that lens when I get
            > it.

            > What is the camera behind the lens?

            > Trausti

          • Andrew Bodrov
            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 27, 2010
              My mistake in total images calculation (in the same folder was also
              shoots with 8 mm lens ;)

              So correct total quantity is 285 / 3 = 95 images:
              - 18 shoots in 5 rows
              - 1 to zenith
              - 2 opposite nadir shoots
              - 2 off-tripod nadir shoots

              It was take about 20 minutes

              Tuesday, September 28, 2010, 12:18:48 AM, you wrote:

              > Hi all!

              > Just got new lens Canon EF 16-35mm F2,8 L II USM and shoot my
              > contribution to the WWP0910 at The House of Estonian Puppetry Arts:

              > http://360pano.eu/show/?id=548

              > 309 source images ( +2 0 -2 brackets for HDR). Final image resolution
              > is 33308x16654 px

              > Cheers,

              > Andrew Bodrov @ http://360pano.eu

              > ------------------------------------
            • Hans
              Message 6 of 12 , Sep 28, 2010
                --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Bodrov <rey@...> wrote:

                > My mistake in total images calculation (in the same folder was also
                > shoots with 8 mm lens ;)
                >
                > So correct total quantity is 285 / 3 = 95 images:
                > - 18 shoots in 5 rows
                > - 1 to zenith
                > - 2 opposite nadir shoots
                > - 2 off-tripod nadir shoots
                >
                > It was take about 20 minutes

                You should be able to do this in 3 rows of 15 and 2 at +90 plus 2 at -90
                Thats just 49 images.

                Hans

                > Cheers,
                > Andrew Bodrov @ http://360pano.eu
                >

                > Tuesday, September 28, 2010, 12:18:48 AM, you wrote:
                >
                > > Hi all!
                >
                > > Just got new lens Canon EF 16-35mm F2,8 L II USM and shoot my
                > > contribution to the WWP0910 at The House of Estonian Puppetry Arts:
                >
                > > http://360pano.eu/show/?id=548
                >
                > > 309 source images ( +2 0 -2 brackets for HDR). Final image resolution
                > > is 33308x16654 px
                >

                > > Cheers,
                >
                > > Andrew Bodrov @ http://360pano.eu
                >

                > > ------------------------------------

              • Andrew Bodrov
                Message 7 of 12 , Sep 28, 2010
                  Hi Hans!

                  Thank you for tip!
                  Will try next time ;)

                  Tuesday, September 28, 2010, 10:55:16 AM, you wrote:

                  > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Bodrov <rey@...> wrote:
                  >>
                  >> My mistake in total images calculation (in the same folder was also
                  >> shoots with 8 mm lens ;)
                  >>
                  >> So correct total quantity is 285 / 3 = 95 images:
                  >> - 18 shoots in 5 rows
                  >> - 1 to zenith
                  >> - 2 opposite nadir shoots
                  >> - 2 off-tripod nadir shoots
                  >>
                  >> It was take about 20 minutes

                  > You should be able to do this in 3 rows of 15 and 2 at +90 plus 2 at -90
                  > Thats just 49 images.

                  > Hans

                  >> Cheers,
                  >> Andrew Bodrov @ http://360pano.eu
                  >>

                  >> Tuesday, September 28, 2010, 12:18:48 AM, you wrote:
                  >>
                  >> > Hi all!
                  >>
                  >> > Just got new lens Canon EF 16-35mm F2,8 L II USM and shoot my
                  >> > contribution to the WWP0910 at The House of Estonian Puppetry Arts:
                  >>
                  >> > http://360pano.eu/show/?id=548
                  >>
                  >> > 309 source images ( +2 0 -2 brackets for HDR). Final image resolution
                  >> > is 33308x16654 px
                  >>

                  >> > Cheers,
                  >>
                  >> > Andrew Bodrov @ http://360pano.eu

                • Bostjan Burger
                  Message 8 of 12 , Sep 28, 2010
                    Andrew, it is a good resolution of the taken VRP. Does anyone have an experience
                    with Canon EF 17-40 F/4 L USM , which is exactly the half of the price of 16-35
                    2.8 ? I think that F2.8 comparing to F4 doesn't play so much better as this
                    lense is for the use of pano head, but I wonder what is the difference with the
                    sharpness?

                    :) Bostjan

                  • Michel Thoby
                    Message 9 of 12 , Sep 28, 2010
                      Hi Bostjan,

                      Le 28 sept. 2010 à 13:32, Bostjan Burger a écrit :

                      > Andrew, it is a good resolution of the taken VRP. Does anyone have an experience
                      > with Canon EF 17-40 F/4 L USM , which is exactly the half of the price of 16-35
                      > 2.8 ? I think that F2.8 comparing to F4 doesn't play so much better as this
                      > lense is for the use of pano head, but I wonder what is the difference with the
                      > sharpness?
                      >
                      > :) Bostjan

                      There cannot be a simple answer over the whole zooming range although you may read the following reviews:
                      Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8 USM L II

                      Vs

                      Canon EF 17-40mm f/4 USM L

                      http://www.photozone.de/all-tests

                      Michel

                    • jrgen_schrader
                      Message 10 of 12 , Sep 29, 2010
                        I do a lot of sphericals with 35mm and the best lens so far is my old Zeiss Distagon 35/2,8 which you can get pretty cheap on ebay.

                        I shoot 3 rows of 12 +z +n. The horizontal overlap is quite enough because there is little vignetting. Only with the zenith shot I sometimes get a visible seem in blue skies which can be a pain to retouch. But I am always to lazy to shoot more images ;)

                        I should try to take one of those indoors, the level of detail is amazing and the DOF could be enough to get everything sharp on normal tripod heights without stacking.

                        Cheers
                        Jürgen

                        > Andrew, it is a good resolution of the taken VRP. Does anyone have an experience
                        > with Canon EF 17-40 F/4 L USM , which is exactly the half of the price of 16-35
                        > 2.8 ? I think that F2.8 comparing to F4 doesn't play so much better as this
                        > lense is for the use of pano head, but I wonder what is the difference with the
                        > sharpness?
                        >
                        > :) Bostjan

                      • Isaac Garcia
                        Message 11 of 12 , Sep 30, 2010
                          What're the NPP measurements for the Zeiss? I'm curious to know how they
                          compare to the 16-35 (one being a zoom an the other a prime).

                          Cheers.

                          Sent from HTC Hero. Please excuse typos.

                          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Bostjan Burger <si_lander@...> wrote: >
                          > Andrew, it is a goo...

                        • jrgen_schrader
                          Message 12 of 12 , Sep 30, 2010
                            Well, I don't have absolute numbers, but I can say that it's in the front quarter of the lens.