Re: [PanoToolsNG] Panorama making security issue .. "It's a nerdy thing I like to do," he said.

  • Pat Swovelin
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 27 1:21 PM
      On 9-27-2010 10:52 AM, John Riley's hamster got loose on the keyboard
      and typed ...:

      > On Sep 27, 2010, at 12:06 AM, Pat Swovelin wrote:
      >
      >> I called the airlines today to check on taking lens cleaning fluid with
      >> me in my carryon camera bag. It's OK but it can't be over 3.4 ounces.
      >> What TSA genius thought that 4 tenths of an ounce was OK but an extra
      >> tenth of an ounce should be verboten? Or in my case the extra 6 tenths
      >> of an ounce of Pacro will get me the lead on the late news Tuesday night.
      >>
      >> Good grief.
      >
      > Did you ask them whether that was a measured amount or the label marking?

      No but you're in their fiefdom and they need to push people around to
      justify their existence and maintain their jobs.

      > I had them take away my toothpaste because the label was for just a
      > little more than the max, despite the fact that it was obviously more
      > than half empty.

      Exactly my point.

      > The guy shrugged as if to say "Yeah, I know, this is stupid. But, I'm
      > going to do it anyhow." Meanwhile, my camera/laptop backpack full of
      > electronics, wires galore, and spare batteries (GPS, camera, ipod,
      > PDA, laptop, 360Precision Absolute, and more) went unopened.

      The notebook was still in it and they didn't send it back, make you take
      it out and send it through in a separate bin? Oh I feel really safe now.

      NOT.

      > BTW - your cleaning fluid isn't methanol-based, I hope. You might end
      > up behind the curtain 8-(

      No, but you should watch for me on the late news tomorrow just in case
      some TSA goon takes offense to it and/or me. Like when I flew last week
      and put all of my stuff into the bins and sent them through the scanner
      only to be asked for the same boarding ticket that I was asked for to
      get into the screening line in the first place. He was all indignant
      that I'd had the temerity to send it through with everything else even
      though I've *never* been asked for it by someone at the walk-through
      scanner.

      > John
      >
      > John Riley
      > johnriley@...