Re: Which flash viewer best suited for loading and unloading in parent swf ?

  • erik_leeman
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 26, 2010
      Hi John,

      Looks like you couldn't find my posting about unloading Pano2VR panos from memory that I told you about in my reply to your pm, so here's a link to it:

      <http://gardengnomesoftware.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=4198>

      To test if it works you can try this page:

      <http://tinyurl.com/Direct-to-FullscreenPano>

      Just click on one of the thumbnails to open a fullscreen pano, after it has fully loaded, click on the [Esc] button to close it again, and repeat that several times with any of the other thumbnails.
      Meanwhile keep an eye on memory use to see what happens.
      On my WinXP machines memory consumption goes up and down, up and down, without building up to a level where the browser crashes.

      As I mentioned in my earlier reply this method isn't (fully) compatible with Flash panos made with Pano2VR 3 beta1, but I haven't had time to see if I can fix that yet.

      Cheers!

      Erik Leeman

      (<http://www.erikleeman.com> <http://www.flickr.com/photos/erik-nl/>)