Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: AF Confirm Nikkor Lens to Canon Adapter

  • luca vascon
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 24, 2010
      Yes, Canon 15 is a better than Tokina 10-17, extensive tests done here too.
      I'd say it is QUITE worth the premium price if you use a 5D mk2 or an 1ds
      mk3.
      Considering that you can find a 2nd hand tokina on a 300-350 eur price and a
      2nd hand Canon 15 at the double of the price, and the more versatility of
      the zoom
      Higher resolution of the camera puts in a BIG evidence all lenses flaws, we
      are speaking about24x36 cameras, BORDERS in particular are affected.
      Some lenses are keeping better contrast and color rendition at lower
      resolution, but are not giving detail and microcontrast when the 21-24 Mpx
      high density sensor would ask for it.
      Sigma 15mm shine in these cases, giving an overall flatter result but very
      sharp detail and good microcontrast, with clean, sharp borders. Do you
      really use borders!?!?!? I do, when I tilt the lens 15degree down shooting
      6+1 for the full sphere....

      2010/9/24 Hans <hans@...>

      > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Roger D. Williams" <roger@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > On Fri, 24 Sep 2010 00:04:33 +0900, luca vascon <luca.vascon@...>
      > > wrote:
      > >
      > > > 15Canon EF and 10-17 Tokina both suffer when the camera is over 12
      > > > Mpixel,
      > > > with the Tokina holding a better center of the image.
      > >
      > > When you say these two lenses suffer when the camera is over 12Mpx,
      > > do you mean that problems not evident at lower definitions begin
      > > to show up at this level? Otherwise I am not sure how camera
      > > resolution can affect lens performance.
      >
      > They do not suffer. I have done extensive tests on both and the Canon 15mm
      > is superior at the edges at 15mm. No doubt about that.
      >
      > Both of them give you full advantage of the Canon 5D MarkII over the 5D
      > 12mp.
      >
      > Hans
      >

      > > If I had a full-frame Nikon I would surely love to use the Carl
      > > Zeiss fisheye!
      > >
      > > Roger W.
      > >
      > > --
      > > Business: www.adex-japan.com