gigapixels from 1848

  • Jeffrey Martin | 360Cities.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 23, 2010
    • Hans
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 23, 2010
        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Jeffrey Martin | 360Cities.net" <360cities@...> wrote:

        > except they called them "daguerrotypes" ;-)
        >
        > http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=129990964&sc=fb&cc=fp

        Gigapixel!!

        HaHa
        A simple multiplication shows that it has around 4000x6000 pixels.
        Same as my 5D.

        But of course my 5D is much sharper.

        But maybe they are hiding the real size from us.

        Hans
      • Ian Wood
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 23, 2010
          Isn't that the same set of 1840s daguerrotypes that Andras linked to last month in a Wired article?

          Ian